Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Dark City having so many conditional combos, bonus choices, and the Versatile keyword, some players may have trouble keeping track of what extra Fight/Recruit points they have gained during the turn. So, I added some red (for Fight points) and gold (for Recruit points) poker chips to the game and use them to place as appropriate on cards when they gain or choose their bonuses. Then, it's just a simple matter of adding up the printed points plus the bonus chips to determine what one has to work with for the turn. Some players may even want to use these chips to mark *every* point earned, bonus or not, and then just count chips for Fighting and Recruiting. This should also come in handy when you are gaining points as a result of a Fight or other effect.

Anybody else have anything they add to their games to make things easier, more convenient, or just plain add a little cool factor to them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cool idea. I might have to try it.

Some stuff I do that I think is cool is I use Marvel Hero Squad figures and place them on top of my victory points pile so I won't accidentally mix them in t my discard deck. I posted a thread about it here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/995178/if-you-have-young-kid...

I am also making custom Difficulty cards. Thread on that here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/994403/plan-b-difficulty-and...
Here is one of them. There are more in my Gallery.

Also working on a set of cards to add to the Villain Deck called Action cards. They are turn of events that can happen during the game. Some are good,

Some are bad.

Check my Gallery for more and feel free to use them. Just let me know how they play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great-looking variant cards!

I handle the problem of mixing defeated Villain cards into the discard pile by using different colors of card sleeves for the Hero and Villain (and Mastermind) cards. Blue for Heroes, White for Villains, and Clear for Masterminds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls