Subject: Sleeves for English Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CQ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I just got the English Version and I was wondering if anyone else had it and had sleeved it. If you have, what type of sleeves did you use?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad R Morin
United States
South Central
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Light in the Darkness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't sleeved my cards, however, I can confirm the following:
* The English (Ziko) and Chinese (YOKA Standard) editions are the exact same size.
* The size is actually a sliver smaller than a Magic: The Gathering (standard CCG) card.
(I should note I found some sites said they would use the same size sleeves, however.)

Sorry I don't have more specific info, but I hope this helps,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the above is correct, the cards should be 1mm shorter on both sides compared to a MTG card. I used old MTG cards and trimmed them down to make my own copies of promos and stuff for my (bootleg) copy. So MTG sleeves will work quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mao
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved mine with Ultra-Pro deck protector CCG sleeves (the thick kind, with hologram.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wichita
Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some Swan Panasia 64x89mm sleeves which say they're sized specifically for Magic... but which disappointingly turned out to be too tight for Magic (and other same-size) cards.

Just got my copy of LTK today and was very pleased to discover those sleeves fit this game perfectly.

EDIT: And just to add a fun story about this game and sleeves...

I spent most of 2011 in China, and a couple months into that year I had a date. While waiting for her to finish getting ready to head out, I spied an interesting game box on her shelf, and took a peak inside. Inside, I found this totally awesome-looking card game about Chinese warriors and generals. I had only known her for a few days at this point, so to discover that she was into this sort of thing was a definite plus...

But the real kicker was that the cards had all been sleeved. I wouldn't go so far as to say that was the moment I knew she was the one, but it certainly helped move things along. We're getting married this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls