Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Any news.... especially on shipping/taxes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Le Ötz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard anything about the game for a while...
It would be nice to hear something, especially after having spent so much money on it.

Secondly, has there been any development on the shipping/VAT issue?
I mean I've paid for shipping, which is fine, but I'm still scared about VAT and all the hassle of having to deal with customs and all that.
Since other games (e.g. Myth, Hell Dorado, Cthulhu Wars) have found a way to ship from within the EU or some other way of reducing taxes/customs fees, this might be something worth looking into again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you even read the kickstarter page?
#edit# kickstarter comments for the project that is

If you did, you would know that there is a update due today sometime.

You would also know that Adam has been talking to backers over the weekend about shipping and Europe import taxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Ötz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What page are you referring to? I usually read the updates when I get the notifications... even the latest comments are more than a week old and there doesn't seem to be an official comment for more than a month... unless you are referring to another page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott's referring to the comments tab.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mons...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the comments on the kingdom death kickstarter page
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mons...

There are comments every hour there. As you will see, Adam is constantly there chatting. If you click his name, you can see all his comments.

#edit# NINJA'ed!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@OP: Adam is a hair light on formal Updates, very strong on informal comments.

Like you, my personal preference skews toward more Updates and less comment, simply as Update is a better broadcast mechanism. But I'm totally OK with the way Adam is doing things.

It's not like we have radio silence for months on end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Ötz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah.. okay

Updates would be nice though to get info to everyone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Holen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Here is how I track updates, I have a bookmark that only displays Adam's comments. Makes tracking progress pretty easy apart from official updates.

http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments?ref=bggfor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garrison
United States
Ventnor City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy participating in the KD:M comments page and check it constantly, but I full on understand why it might be too much for a lot of backers, Scott. Adam is awesome and often chats on that page especially lately, but if you don't frequently check it you have to wade through a lot of chit chat unrelated to KD:M (including my own posts). Yeah, you can check only Adam's comments, but then you might have to then back track through days of posts to uncover the context of the conversation he may be commenting about or participating in. And that can get extremely time consuming.
I'm really grateful for how personable Adam is and enjoy message exchanges with him publicly and privately, but the comments page is not an effective means of communicating info to backers, and of course that's not what Adam uses it for. Updates are important info for backers, and KD is good at communicating that info...The comments page is like hanging out and BSing and you might get some good ideas, insight into Adam's head or a heads up on upcoming updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS update :-D

Thumb up