Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hi everybody.

Here's the campaign I wrote for Sentinels of the Multiverse. I hope you'll like it.

I changed the Visionary's background a bit for the plot's sake.

English is not my mother tongue, so I must have done some mistakes, and my style may be a little clumsy. So if a kind-hearted Native-speaker is willing to correct my text, I'd be very glad about it.

I want to thank my friend Jeff for his help and his ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Re: Custom Campaign
Rules of the campaign.

You will need every expansion to Sentinels of the Universe existing to this day - alternative hero/villain characters are not necessary, except for Baron Blade’s and Young Legacy’s.

For each battle, you can choose heroes amongst the ones listed in its description. Each battle is fought with three heroes. Some italicized text will sometimes alter the rules of the game for the duration of the battle. You will have to refer to the battle outcome to see what comes next.

If a hero is KO’ed, he’ll play with 5HP less in the next battle he/she takes part in, due to his/her wounds. If he/she doesn’t take part in three battles in a row, he/she has healed his/her wounds and is back to full HP.
If a hero is defeated two times during the campaign, he’s definitely incapacitated and cannot take part in further battles – even if he/she healed back to full HP.
If a hero who is required for a battle is incapacitated definitely, don’t play the battle follow the losing instructions of the battle outcome.

If all Freedom Five heroes are definitely incapacitated, there’s no one left to inspire people to keep on fighting. The world is in the villains’ hands – game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Prologue – Silver Gulch 1863

In the middle of the desert, a ripple forms between two gigantic rocks. Three human shapes step out of this temporal portal.
The first one, a sort of robotic life form says: “Are-you-sure-it-is-here?”
The second one, a tall man dressed with a Stetson hat and a poncho answers back: “Yes, this is where I used to live. We gotta stop myself from meeting Con. This is the only way to save everything there is.”
The third one, a winged woman, adds: “Do you understand that you’ll cease existing if we do so?”
“I know, but what’s a life when the whole multiverse’s existence is in the balance?”
“Then, if you made up your mind, let’s head to town.”
It takes them nearly an hour to reach Silver Gulch. The town is quiet. But not for long.
“I remember this day”, the time-traveling cowboy says. “The bank will be robbed any second, and the sheriff and the Hayes Brothers will start shooting one another just behind the corner. We’ll find myself at the saloon, losing yet another poker game.”
Suddenly, the city seems to rip open. A deafening noise bursts out, projecting the three heroes against the surrounding buildings.
“Energy integrity - damaged. Plating - damaged. Companions’ health – critical” the robotic figure says. “Metahuman life-form approaching”
“God, he found us. We’re doomed.” the woman with the angel wings whispers.
“This is our last chance. We’ve got to stop him now.”
“You don’t stand a chance!” booms a voice coming from the sky. Turning his back from the sun, his shadow looms over the three heroes. “All our fights have been pointless. We thought we could stop the world from Evil. But she died in my own hands, because of our worthless incessant battles against them. We have shown too much clemency. Today, this will end. I will reshape the world to my will. I will erase Evil from the surface of the Earth. This will be my ‘Legacy’.”
“You once were the greatest of us, Legacy.” answers Chrono-Ranger, the time-traveling cowboy. “You fought for Truth, and Justice. You used to say whatever their evil deeds, the villains did not deserve to die. We followed your example, we put them to jail, we thought that we could change things…that we could make them better.”
“I was wrong. Fighting Baron Blade for years was a terrible mistake. My daughter… he killed her… I can still remember his insane laugh. Damn, it felt good when I twisted his neck with my bare hands. But not as good as when the others tried to stop me from killing all the evil-doers. I killed them all…The Wraith… Tachyon…Absolute Zero…Bunker… Then I got rid of all known villains, and all known so-called heroes who did nothing to make the world a better place.” Legacy lands steadily and points at them. “You are the last ones. You cannot stop me.”

Prologue battle. Chrono-Ranger + Omnitron-X + Fanatic vs Iron Legacy in Silver Gulch, 1863.
Each hero was hurt by the sonic entry of Iron Legacy, they all start with 7HP less. Legacy is enraged, he’s at his full potential - the three heroes will have to fight him in advanced mode. Fanatic has been suprised by Iron legacy's attack: change the text of her Wrathful retribution card from Discard 3 cards to Discard 4 cards

Battle outcome:

In the unlikely event that the three heroes manage to defeat Legacy, they will be able to prevent James Brook from becoming Chrono-Ranger, thus stopping Legacy’s destructive revenge. The world as we know it will be back to normal. You won the campaign.
If Legacy wins, he will meticulously destroy every person standing in his way and become a miserable being living in an empty universe. Finally, realizing his wrongs, he will put an end to his misery by destroying the whole multiverse by creating deadly time cracks causing the world to collapse. But you still have a chance to stop this by playing the following scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 1

Somewhere in the Pacific, nine months ago
Hokohona is happy. The hunting season’s been bounteous. He’ll do some good money at the village’s fair. If he walks a little faster, he’ll even be able to reach the village before night. He was right to take the volcano’s path.
Suddenly, a terrifying cracking noise paralyzes him. The ground starts shaking. A thick smoke instantly blocks his view. Gods, the old volcano has woken up. Hokohona starts running for his life.
But before he can even make two steps, the volcano explodes, wiping the island from the surface of the Earth.

Trafalgar Square, London, seven months ago

Pierre is so bored. He had thought going to London on a school trip would have been great. But all he and his class did was visiting some stupid museum with bo-ring paintings. As he steps out of the building, the sky darkens. A flock of black birds is flying over Trafalgar place. Suddenly, a beautiful masked woman riding a gigantic bird lands on Admiral Nelson’s statue.
“I claim this city as mine! Londoners, kneel before my beauty! Kneel before the Matriarch!”
In the blink of an eye, Tachyon crosses the Atlantic. “This is no gonna happen, Matriarch… I’ll punch your pretty face so fast you won’t recognize yourself in the mirror.”
“Well, well… Look who’s here… Of course you’re fast. But are you fast enough to run away from my new crows?” She points at the super-heroine. “Attack, my dear children!”
But the outcome of the Matriarch’s command is unexpected. Her crows swoop down and start attacking her. The villain is so surprised she is unable to defend herself.
Within a few seconds, the birds turn her into a shapeless pile of bones and flesh. Her body falls down the column.
Pierre takes out his mobile phone to record the scene: “Now, that’s what I call a school trip!”

Rook City, six months ago.
Baron Blade’s tone is tragic and serious.
“Gentlemen. Ladies. I know we’ve had our share of disagreement in the past but this is a critical emergency.”
All the super-villains gathered around the table wriggle uncomfortably on their chair.
“These dreams we’ve had…we know they’re the future. We all saw the Matriarch being eaten by her own crows… We all saw Apostate struck by ungodly lightning… Exactly as it happened in our nightly visions.”
An uneasy murmur rises amongst the evil minds that the Baron has mustered around the table.
“If we don’t want our other visions to come true, we’ll have to unite and strike before it’s too late.”
“What if we don’t stop the end of the world?” Citizen Dawn retorts. “What if we are doomed to die too? You saw them dying too, all those heroes… “
“Still, we have to try our luck and succeed where the Freedom Five will fail.”

Rook City, three months ago.
“Something’s wrong,” the Wraith wonders. “How can a feral drug-addicted serial killer turn into a Good Samaritan?”
Bending over the newspapers from the last weeks, the Wraith is trying to figure out Spite’s extraordinary behavior change. The headlines read: “Spites Opens Refuge for the Needy”, “Spite Associates with Pike Industry,” “Spite Creates Pill to Stop Hunger.” Over the last days, hundreds of beggars and poor people have come to him. The pill seems to be working and Spite claims this will put an end to world’s hunger.
“Guess I’ll have to investigate. But I can’t do this on my own. Better call some back-up first.”

With the help of two heroes from the Freedom Five, The Wraith breaks into Pike Industry at night only to discover that a strange green substance is used as an additive to the pills. As the Wraith approaches one of the vats containing the green liquid to take a sample for further examination, a voice sniggers: “I knew you Nosey Parker couldn’t be trusted. You will not stop me from saving them! Fight!”

Battle 1 – The Wraith + any two other heroes from the Freedom Five vs Spite in Pyke Industries

Battle outcome:
If Spite is defeated: Spite gabbles due to the effect of drugs: “The dreams...the Fire…. The Thunder… I could have saved them.” Then, the heroes are unable to understand anything he says. The Wraith takes a sample of the green substance and, after leaving Spite at Rook City Prison, heads to Unity’s workshop.
If Spite wins: The heroes are forced to retreat, but the Wraith manages to take a sample of the green substance before running away. She hopes she’ll be able to make out Spite’s evil plans with it. Spite has the time to warn Ambuscade: the next battle will be played in advanced mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 2

Megalopolis, 2 months and a half ago
“They promised me millions of dollars if I kill him. But I would have done it for nothing. I saw him in my dreams. He was trying to prevent the bridge from collapsing. The entire city was on fire. People were running for their lives, crossing the bridge to flee from the crumbling city. I was one of them. But he was unable to save us. He died under the debris of the falling bridge, like all of us. He’s useless. He deserves to die.”

Battle 2- Haka + any two heroes from the Freedom Five vs Ambuscade in Megalopolis
Haka and the Freedom Five are keeping the peace in the city when Ambuscade ambushes them.
Battle outcome:
If Ambuscade is defeated: The heroes find a hologram device on him. A recorded message of Baron Blade promises him a great reward if Haka is incapacitated. He reminds Ambuscade he’s fighting for the cause and must fight to death.
If Ambuscade wins: Before running away, Ambuscade shoots Haka in the spine, crippling him forever, he will be unavailable for the rest of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 3

Insula Primalis, 2 months ago.

Visions have haunted her for the last weeks. Dinosaurs on a tiny island. She’s somewhat linked to what will happen there. She decided to call a friend to be safer.
On their arrival on Insula Primaris, they discover the island is strewn with temporal anomalies. Strange animals pour in from portals leading to other times and dimensions. In the middle of the wild, a lonely cowboy is trying to close these gates and stop the savage invaders.
“Need a hand?” the Visionary asks.
“I’ve always been unable to say no.” answers Chrono-Ranger. “The origin of the portals comes from the abandoned base. Follow me.”
Inside the old soviet base, an insane evil mind is talking to itself. “I must conduct tests on these inferior beings from other dimensions. Surely, the DNA of one of them is the key to the survival of this universe. And when the world is saved thanks to me, people will bend their knees in front of me, I will build myself an army and I will rule over this world.”
“Let me give you another vision. One in which you’re locked up in a mad house forever and everyone lives happily ever after.”
“Visionary! This is the day you die!”

Battle 3 – Visionary + Chrono-ranger + any available hero vs Baron Blade in Insula Primaris.
For once, Baron Blade doesn’t intend to crash the Moon on the Earth. Ignore the Game Over conditions on his card. Also trash 2 of his platforms before the start of the game.
Battle outcome:
If Baron Blade is defeated: Baron Blade opens a portal and jumps into it. It closes too quickly for the heroes to run after him. The cowboy turns to the Visionary: “Thanks for the hand. By the way, the name’s Chrono-Ranger. Nice to meet you.”
“I’m Visionary. What was that?”
“I travel time to prevent stuff like this to happen. I sensed something was wrong round here. Help me destroying his portal machine down, will ya?”
After some joyful smashing, Chrono-Ranger tells Visionary: “I saw you fighting. You seem to have quite a huge potential for time-travelling. I could teach you and give you some tips of the trade…”
Amongst the notes of the Baron Blade they discover some drawings of exploding volcanoes, cities destroyed by huge fires or reduced to nothing by prodigious tsunamis.
“ What… the… hell…?”
If Baron Blade wins: The three heroes flee from the soviet base to the Visionary’s plane. As they fly back to Megalopolis, the cowboy turns to Visionary: “Thanks for the hand. By the way, the name’s Chrono-Ranger. Nice to meet you.”
“I’m Visionary. What was that?”
“I travel time to prevent stuff like this to happen. I sensed something was wrong round here. If it wasn’t for you I would have died over there.”
“Well, we didn’t do much. We couldn’t even stop this crazy maniac. I’ll have to tell the Freedom Five about this. Time-travelling you say? I could be interested….”
Meanwhile, in a gloomy lab. “The Visionary has run away. She was with some redneck with a cowboy hat I had never seen before. They will surely warn the Freedom Five. Get ready.” Add another member of the Ennead at the start of the next battle, that is to say, the heroes will fight four members of the Ennead. The first time a card says to put another Ennead member in play ignore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 4

Egypt, 6 weeks ago.

Strange reports of natural disasters have been heard all over the globe. Islands in the Pacific have been wiped by tidal waves, earthquakes have been felt in California, Paris has drowned under a centennial flood. Each time the survivors said they heard a deafening ripping noise just before the catastrophe.
The world seems to become crazy. But that’s no concern for the old god. His sworn enemies are up to something. They’re building a gigantic pyramid. They claim that everyone will be safe inside it when the Judgment of Anubis comes. Since the Arab Spring, the country’s economy is in a bad shape. Driven by the promise of better days, thousands flock to the building. This is fishy. Each night the Ennead takes refuge into the Tomb of Anubis. His mind is made up, he’ll go and investigate. But not alone.

Battle 4: Ra + any other two available heroes (including one of the Freedom Five) vs The Ennead in the Tomb of Anubis

Do not forget the consequences of the last battle if you lost it.
If the Ennead is defeated: inside the Tomb, Ra and his teammates discover a rough-and-ready laboratory. It seems that the Ennead was creating a strange green liquid. “No, this is impossible. I destroyed the recipe to this centuries ago. I must tell the Freedom Five.”
If the Ennead wins: the heroes run away from this deadly battle, but as they rush to the tomb exit Ra steps on a trap causing a ponderous door to fall down: one of the heroes who participated in the battle is stuck inside the Tomb and is incapacitated until the end of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 5

Visionary’s house, one month ago

“It feels like déjà vu…”
“’Course, it does. You just travelled 3 minutes back in time, Visionary. You’re getting the hang of it. You just have to jump from one dimension to another until you reach your destination. See? Easy-peasy.”
“Ok, cowboy. Let me try harder.”
The Visionary has strangely disappeared into a dimensional portal. She’s unavailable until the end of the campaign.

Somewhere in a military base, 17 years ago.
Wooden cubes are flying over the little girl. She has no friends here. There just are doctors and nurses. She’s so bored. Mindlessly, she builds a wooden-cube reproduction of the Eiffel Tower telekinetically.
The doors open and a person she’s never seen before steps in. It’s a woman. She’s bald. But she seems so strong and so powerful. As the woman approaches, the little girl recognizes her face: “Are you…me?”
The Visionary leans over the little girl. “I know what it feels like to be alone. Do you want to discover the world?” She takes herself by the hand, mentally creates a dimensional portal, and they both exit the base silently.

Freedom Five HQ, two weeks ago.

“Citizens of the world,” Baron Blade’s image says on TV, “you’re all aware of the destructive catastrophes that the world is facing. All around the planet people are dying, people are suffering. Volcanoes are exploding, earthquakes causing devastating tsunamis. Where are your so-called heroes? We have not heard from them because they’re scared, they know they cannot do anything. But we are here for you….”
“We know we suffer from a bad reputation and that we’ve had our share of misunderstanding…. but as a token of our good will, let it be known that we, the Brotherhood of the Future, created indestructible shelters to protect all of those who want to survive the Apocalypse to come. You’ll be fed, the cripple will walk again, the sick will be taken care of. Join us, now.”

“Something’s rotten in the kingdom of Villains…” says Absolute Zero as the image of Baron Blade fades.
“You’re right… this is highly suspicious-looking.” Tachyon admits. “But if the rumors are true, the villains have helped people all around the world lately: they give food to the needy, they build houses for the people who suffered from the natural disasters, they even cure the lame with wondrous prostheses created by Omnitron.”
“Yes, they’re hiding something.” The Legacy says. “Hundreds of spaceships containing these prostheses are coming from the Wagner Mars base. Who’s with me for a short vacation in space?”

Battle 5 – Legacy + any two Freedom Five heroes vs. Omnitron in Wagner Mars Base
On their arrival at the Wagner mars base, the Freedom Five members discover that the scientists of the base have been taken as hostages by Omnitron and are forced to work and create strange devices.

If Omnitron is defeated:
Omnitron downloads its AI to a shuttle and disappears into space. The Freedom Five discover that the prostheses are powered thanks to a strange green liquid.
“Hmmm…” The Legacy says. “This looks like the slimy thing the Wraith found at Pike Industrial complex one month ago when she fought against Spite. Let’s see whether Unity has ended analyzing the sample.”
If Omnitron wins: Omnitron’s power of destruction is too much for the heroes to handle. They manage to fly away in a space cargo ship full of prostheses boxes. A strange green fluid flows inside them.
“Hmmm…” The Legacy says. “This looks like the slimy thing the Wraith found at Pike Industrial complex one month ago when she fought against Spite. Let’s see whether Unity has ended analyzing the sample. But first, can you please pass me some Band-Aid?”
Inside the Wagner Mars Base, Omnitron sends a message to its fellow members of the Brotherhood of the Future.
“I-managed-to-analyse-their-fighting-techniques-I-downloaded-the-data-on-your-computers-Prepare-to-fight.”
The three heroes who participated in this battle will start with only 3 cards next time they take part in a fight(and only in this fight).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 6

The Realm of Discord, seventeen years ago

Inside her prison of glass, Visionary counts the steps that led her to this situation. Everything happened too fast. She couldn’t do anything. He appeared in a flash of lightning and seized the little girl. Before she even moved a muscle, he had neutralized her. She is now stuck in this prison out of time.
“Ironic, isn’t it?” Gloomweaver sniggers. “By trying to save yourself from being an experiment of the government, you threw yourself into my claws. As soon as you entered this dimension, I sensed the immense potential of your dreams, pure, pristine… and dark. I will use your young self as catalyst to my nightmares. Thanks to you, I will be able to create a wave of fear the world has never seen the like of which… and I will become the most powerful being in the world!”

Unity’s lab – One week ago

“It took me quite a lot of work, but I finally managed to understand that greenish slime.” Unity claims proudly. “Even though its components seem natural, its effects on a human’s mind are incredible. I tested this product and I discovered that…”
She is interrupted by the Ancient God, Ra, who has just entered the room. “… it is possible to control people who have ingested it.” He glazes sternly at the heroes gathered in Unity’s lab. “This “greenish slime”, as you say, is the Mead of Pharaohs. In ancient times, pharaohs used it to control the minds of their population. It led to terrible situations, so, centuries ago, I destroyed its recipe. It seems that the Ennead have managed to find a duplicate of it in the Tomb of Anubis.”
In a flash, the Wraith has a brainwave. “And Spite must have tested it on beggars of Megalopolis to see if it is still working. Omnitron must have used it to create an army of cyber-boosted soldiers.”
Ra keeps on: “If the Brotherhood manages to use the Mead on a large scale, they will be able to manipulate humanity at their will. We have to stop them.”
“Indeed.” Legacy says.
Suddenly, the alarm on the Freedom Five wristwatch rings. An holographic image of Aminia Twain, the Freedom Five’s secretary, affectionately nicknamed ‘Miss information’ appears. “Someone has broken into the water systems of Rook City. CCTV footages show a half-human, half-animal shape, followed by a herd of rodents.”
“Plague Rat! He’s gonna pour the Mead into the water systems. We must stop him before it’s too late!”

Battle 6 – Unity + any two heroes available vs Plague Rat in Rook City.

If Plague Rat is defeated: at the last second, the heroes stop Plague Rat from tipping the Mead into the water system. They discover that the vats containing the Mead have been shipped by a transatlantic company.
If Plague Rat wins: The heroes couldn’t do anything to stop Plague Rat from pouring the Mead into the water systems. Soon, it will spread into the entire water system of the USA. During the final battle against Baron Blade, the population will back the super-villain: change the text of the following cards from Megalopolis deck.
Police Backup: At the end of the environment turn, deal 1 projectile damage to the Hero target with the highest HP. Whenever a villain card would make a player discard a card, destroy this card.
Impending casualty: Add the following line: when this card enters into play, citizens attack you. Each hero must discard a card or be dealt 1 melee damage.

Back to his nest, Plague Rat speaks to himself: “the Dreams were true. The Freedom Five are powerless. They will not be able to prevent the world from destruction. But I will save them. I will control the humans like the Pied Piper from the tale. And once the world is safe, I will attack the rest of the Brotherhood and take control over the world!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 7

The Realm of Discord, one year ago

“At last!” Gloomweaver the Demon rejoices, “I have finally managed to control the dreams of the little girl. I will use her to create visions into the most powerful criminals of the world’s minds. It will be easy to create natural disasters and to kill some of them to have them believe these visions are true. Once they unite, they will lead the world to infinite suffering, it’s in their nature… they cannot help it. And then my power will be unlimited!” he bursts into a mad laughter.

Freedom Five HQ, three days ago

“Tempest has found where the Brotherhood stocks its vats of Mead.” Miss Information explains. “They have bought a tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic. The Brotherhood stores their Vats of Mead in a warehouse there. But it is not where they produce it. Tempest say they bring it from the bottom of the ocean with small submarines. He has discovered the production site: the lab lies in the middle of the ruins of Atlantis….”
“Then,” Legacy says “…. This is where we’re heading.”

Battle 7, Tempest +any two heroes from the Freedom Five vs Kismet in the Ruins of Atlantis

The Brotherhood of the Future has chosen an expert in mind manipulation to protect their mind-controlling liquid. Will the Freedom Five be able to steal the puppet show?
If Kismet is defeated: The Freedom Five destroy the Mead factory. They find the recipe and within two days, Unity is able to find an antidote. This cancels the negative consequences of battle 6.
If Kismet wins: The fight is fierce and destructive. Unwillingly, one of the heroes hits a box of explosives provoking a massive blast that destroys the factory. The salty waters pour in the wrecked building and one of the heroes is swallowed by the flow. He/she will be unavailable until the end of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Part 8

Brotherhood of the Future’s secret base, yesterday

The Brotherhood, or rather what is left of it, is gravely listening to Baron Blade.
“Brethren. The Freedom Five has struck us with a deadly blow by destroying our factory. Nevertheless, our visions cannot be wrong. They are too weak to save the world. We are the ones who will prevent the earth from destruction. We must remind humanity we are the strongest. And I will personally take care of it. It is their turn to be hit where it hurts the most.”

Megalopolis, today
On every screen around the world, people watch with horror Baron Blade’s face. “It is time to show you that the Freedom Five are unable to save you. It is time to show you the Brotherhood is your future. Legacy! I know you’re watching me. I will show the world you are unable to save one tiny life and thus that you cannot save the world. You have 5 minutes to come here with your teammates, or else, I kill her…” The message ends with Baron Blade pointing a gun at a tied-up Felicia Parsons, Legacy’s daughter.

Final Battle (or is it?) – Legacy and two other available Freedom Five hero (if there are no other Freedom Five members available, choose any available heroes) vs Mad Bomber Baron Blade in Megalopolis (do not forget the changes due to Battle 6).
If Legacy is unavailable, Baron Blade wins automatically.
If Baron Blade wins: follow timeline A
If Baron Blade is defeated: follow timeline B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Timeline A
Part 1

Megalopolis, today
“Legacy…I told you you were worthless, but no, you wouldn’t listen….” Baron Blades pants with excitement. “Citizens of the world, watch how I put an end to… the Legacy.” He starts pressing the trigger to his gun.
Legacy uses his last strengths to run and stop Baron Blade from killing his daughter. But his efforts are worthless. Felicia’s head burst with the shot.
Paralyzed by the shock, Legacy falls on his knees as Baron Blade starts laughing like a maniac.
“And now, citizens of the world, if you want to survive, you’ll have to follow the Brotherhood’s rule…”
“This…is…not…going…to…happen!” Legacy slowly raises his head. A strange shadow seems to cover his face. The tears flowing from his eyes transform into vapor as a formidable energy starts radiating from his body. Small flashes of lightning start running all over his body. His muscles seem to grow formidably.
Suddenly, Legacy starts howling with rage. An incredible deflagration is felt. Bystanders are swept aside by the force emanating from his body.
“All these years….I was wrong… Your sins cannot be redeemed… Your destructive madness has lasted for too long… Today… you… will… die….”
In the blink of an eye, Legacy jumps at Blade’s throat and starts squeezing it. The Baron’s eyes begin to bulge as he helplessly tries to stop the frenzied hero.
Then, a cracking noise is heard as Blade’s neck snaps. His body slowly falls on the ground. He looks like a gangling puppet.

Bunker is paralyzed by terror. “Legacy… what have you done?”
“Something we should have done long before today… All Evil must be wiped off from the Earth’s surface… Today I start my crusade by first putting an end to the Brotherhood…”
“You’ve always said that no one, good or evil, deserves to die. It’s not our way… We don’t kill.” Tachyon hesitates.
“I was wrong… each of them deserves to die. And if you don’t abide by my Iron rule, then you’re not better than the rest of them. Prepare to die”

Battle A1: Any three available heroes vs Iron Legacy in Megalopolis
Gloomweaver’s plan has taken an unexpected turn. If Legacy is not stopped he will destroy each person standing on his way.
The negative outcome of battle 6 is cancelled now Baron Blade is dead.
Each hero knows Iron Legacy must be reasoned, or else the world will face a terrible fate. They fight with all the energy they have. Thus, they start with their HP at their maximum and pick up 5 cards before the battle starts.
If Iron Legacy wins: Iron Legacy kills his former friends without a trace of emotion. In the following days his frenzy turns into a methodical eradication of those who dare oppose his Iron rule.
Chrono-Ranger soon discovers that his helping of Visionary is at the origin of the change in the timeline. He decides to travel back in time with two heroes to prevent himself from changing the future.
Play the Prologue again with Chrono-Ranger and two available heroes if Omnitron-X and Fanatic are unavailable. If Omnitron-X is available he will detect Iron Legacy’s presence and prevent the group from being hurt by Legacy’s sonic blow: the three heroes start with their maximum HP.
If Chrono-Ranger is unavailable, no one is able to travel back in time to stop the whole story to happen. The world cannot be saved. Game over.
If Legacy is defeated:
“We are all gathered here today to mourn a great man.” The Wraith’s voice trembles with grief. She knows Legacy’s funeral is broadcast all around the world. “It is thanks to him that we have been able to put an end to the Brotherhood’s evil schemes. We will always remember you. We’ll forever be your Legacy…”
The heroes leave the graveyard, crying. They know the fight is not over, even though dismantling the Brotherhood has been easy once their leader was gone.
Their interrogation at the Block has brought up a lot of questions. All the villains seem to have shared the same visions of the world coming to an end.
“I wish Visionary was here to help us… only she has the skills required to analyze their dreams.” Bunker says.
“Indeed, but she disappeared weeks ago. She’s nowhere to be found.” Tachyon adds.
“Then we should ask Nightmist. Maybe she’ll be able to locate her.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Timeline A
Part 2

Nightmist’s curio shop, some days later
Sitting cross-legged in the middle of a chalk-drawn five-pointed star surrounded by candles, Nightmist is chanting.
“I pray you, Gods ancient and new,
I pray you, spirits good and true,
I pray you, animals that crawled and flew,
Answer my question: ‘Visionary, where are you?’ “
A smoky figure forms little by little. Its voice is deep and ghastly: “Which one are you looking for?”
“What? Well, is there more than one?” Nightmist is taken aback.
“Two Visionaries exist today. But none can be found in this world.”
“Where are they, then, O mighty spirit?”
“Both can be found in the Realm of Discord, a dimension that exists out of time. But be aware that an evil and powerful being lurks there.”
“I thank you, kind spirit, and I dismiss you.”

Some minutes later, Nightmist analyses the situation. “I can create a portal to the Realm of Discord, but it will only be strong enough for five persons… You should also know that the rules that govern our world don’t apply in that dimension, and that I can sense some evil vibes emanating from it… Any volunteers?”
Choose five available heroes that will participate in the end of the campaign.

The five heroes listen to Nightmist’s last pieces of advice before stepping into the portal: “You must be aware that if you die there, I will be unable to summon you back. But I will try to support you as well as I can during your fight. Be strong. Farewell. “
Any hero that dies during the next battles will disintegrate into the Realm of Discord. He/she will be logically unavailable until the end of the campaign.
During the next battles Nightmist will heal 1HP to each hero character every three round at the beginning of the villain’s turn.

On their arrival, the heroes discover a strange landscape covered by a psychedelic sky. Nightmist has indicated them where the Visionary seems to be – it’s a great temple that was built aeons ago to glorify unearthly gods.
In the main room, a small child is floating over the ground, she seems to be dreaming.
As the hero approach, the kid’s face becomes familiar. “It’s the Visionary but she’s so young. Give me a hand to help her.”
But suddenly, the room darkens, strange shapes form, and they look unhappy.

Battle A2 – three available heroes vs. The Dreamer in the Realm of Discord
If the Dreamer is killed: the heroes have killed the Visionary of the present. They discover her glass prison at the back of the temple only to see her slowly fading into Oblivion. Gloomweaver has lost his power catalyst; the heroes will fight him normally in the final battle.
If the Dreamer wins: the heroes have been unable to save the Visionary. Feeding on the pain of humanity, Gloomweaver slowly becomes the most powerful being in the multiverse. He is now unstoppable. The heroes lost; game over.
If the Dreamer is defeated: the Dreamer wakes up. She’s been dreaming out of time for countless night. She’s so tired she can barely point at the room at the back of the temple. The heroes heads there and discover The Visionary inside her glass prison. The Dreamer‘s power is still channeled by Gloomweaver - the final battle will be played in advanced mode. Nevertheless, The Visionary is available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Timeline A
Part 3

The Realm of Discord, now or never

Once freed from her prison, the Visionary explains everything to the heroes. She has tried to save herself from her painful childhood at the military base, but as soon as she stepped out of the past into another dimension she was abducted by Gloomweaver. She has been locked there for what seems like years.
She tells the demon is hiding in a bottomless pit in the middle of the mountains overlooking the temple. She says he has woven an insane plot: thanks to her power, he has been able to manipulate the minds of Earth’s most powerful villains. His aim was to create a never seen before wave of fear all around the world at which he could quench his thirst and which would make him unstoppable.
“Then, we must become his worst nightmare!”

An evil power emanates from the bottomless pit. The heroes know it is their last chance. Suddenly, a gigantic figure rises.
His breath is filled with flames. His voice smells of sulfur and pain.
“Puny humans! Your petty quest has come to an end! Feel the power of GLOOMWEAVER!”

Final Battle A3 – Three available heroes (the Visionary is available if the Dreamer has been defeated) vs Gloomweaver in the Realm of Discord.
Remember the battle will be fought in Advanced mode if the Dreamer is still alive.
If the heroes are defeated: No one is able to stop Gloomweaver anymore. The whole multiverse will live endlessly under his rule. Game over.
If the heroes win: Gloomweaver screams painfully as he takes the fatal blow. His body slowly curls up and stumbles back. Gloomweaver cannot cling to the ground, slips and falls into the bottomless pit in an endless shriek.
Victory is bitter. Many have given their lives. But the Freedom Five and their allies have saved the day… And the days to come. They have truly earned their nickname of “Sentinels of the Multiverse”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel silverthorne
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Timeline B
Part 1

The Block, two days later

“Well, that was the last one.” The door of the cell slams on the crestfallen face of the Chairman. “Now the Brotherhood is dismantled we can get some rest.” Taking down the members of the Brotherhood has been incredibly easy once their leader was defeated.
“You’re forgetting natural disasters reports are still coming from all over the world, Tachyon.”
“Indeed, Wraith. We’ll have to investigate on them…. I guess the beach can wait for us…”
Felicia Parson has been rescued by the Freedom Five. She’s now available as Young Legacy.

Nightmist’s curio shop, the same day
“I’ve been able to locate the origin of the dimensional cracks that provoke these natural disasters. And what I discovered is beyond my deepest fears…”
“Awww. Get on with it ‘Mist.” Bunker yawns.
“I double-checked this data with the dreams the Brotherhood have had…”
“…And?”
“…. And both come from another dimension, the Realm of Discord. But something’s weird...”
“That is to say?” Tachyon wonders.
“I can feel several forces, two good and one evil. The two good forces are strangely familiar.” Nightmist stops to think.
“Then, we’ll have to get there and see what comes up.”
“Maybe not, Legacy. If I funnel your energy, I may be able to summon these good forces to our world,” Nightmist answers. ‘But we’ll have to do this in a place where the wall between dimensions is thin enough…”

Insula Primalis, the day after

“Legacy, are you ready?”
“More than ever.”
As Nightmist starts chanting, the landscape seems to tear apart. Two shapes form out. The first one is a little girl. She seems to be in the deepest dream. The second one looks as weak as ever.
“Visionary! Is that you?” Legacy shouts out before running towards her.
The Visionary painfully whispers: “Don’t.. come…. any…. closer… She’s… dangerous…”

Battle B1 – Legacy and any two available heroes vs The Dreamer in Insula Primalis
If the Dreamer is killed: the heroes have mistakenly killed the Visionary of the present. Before they can do anything, she slowly fades into Oblivion.
If the Dreamer wins: the heroes have been unable to save the Visionary. She is swallowed back into the Realm of Discord. Feeding on the pain of humanity, Gloomweaver slowly becomes the most powerful being in the multiverse. He is now unstoppable. The heroes lost; game over.
If the Dreamer is defeated: The Dreamer remains silent. She’s too shocked to speak. She has had nightmares controlled by Gloomweaver for years. It will take a lot of time before she recovers.
The Visionary slowly regains consciousness. She is now able to explain what happened to her - She has tried to save herself from her painful childhood at the military base, but as soon as she stepped out of the past into another dimension she was abducted by Gloomweaver. She has been locked in a glass prison inside a temple for what seems like years.
She tells the demon is hiding in a bottomless pit in the middle of the highest mountains of the Realm of Discord. She says he has woven an insane plot: thanks to her power, he has been able to manipulate the minds of Earth’s most powerful villains. His aim was to create a never seen before wave of fear all around the world at which he could quench his thirst and which would make him unstoppable.
Legacy sticks out his chest and clenches his fists on his hips. “Then, The Freedom Five must become his worst nightmare!”
The Visionary is not imprisoned anymore. It is now possible to choose her as a teammate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Timeline B
part 2

The Realm of Discord, some hours later

“The link between Gloomweaver and the Dreamer has been broken… but he will still remain a formidable enemy. Watch out, friends, I will try to support you as well as I can…” Nightmist’s voice still echoes in the heroes’ heads as they approach the Demon’s lair.
During the next battle Nightmist will heal 1HP to each hero character every three round at the beginning of the villain’s turn.

An evil power emanates from the bottomless pit. The heroes know it is their last chance. Suddenly, a gigantic figure rises.
His breath is filled with flames. His voice smells of sulfur and pain.
“Puny humans! Your petty quest has come to an end! Feel the power of GLOOMWEAVER!”

Final Battle B2 – Three available heroes from the Freedom Five (add any available heroes if there are not enough Freedom Five avalaible) vs Gloomweaver in the Realm of Discord.
If the heroes are defeated: No one is able to stop Gloomweaver anymore. The whole multiverse will live endlessly under his rule. Game over.
If the heroes win: Gloomweaver screams painfully as he takes the fatal blow. His body slowly curls up and stumbles back. Gloomweaver cannot cling to the ground, slips and falls into the bottomless pit in an endless shriek.
The Freedom Five and their allies have saved the day. And the days to come. They have truly earned their nickname of “Sentinels of the Multiverse”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Here. Done.

So what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNamara
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Awesome! I think I will use this for my solitaire play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
Microbadge: I love America!Microbadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Flux Capacitor - It's what makes time travel possible!

Nice!

I plan to run through this once my buddies are tired of playing multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Henri DUCHESNE
France
REMY
flag msg tools
Thank you guys!

I haven't played the campaign yet. So tell me about your playing sessions, thus I'll be able to change what works and what doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff ROUSSEL
France
MONTPELLIER
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, let's play carlito !
devil