11 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Punisher Hail of Bullets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Purdy
msg tools
This card states...

"Reveal the top card of the Villain Deck. If it's a Villain, you get +Attack equal to it's printed Victory Points.

Two prior tech heroes. You may defeat that Villain for free."

When you defeat this card that is revealed from the top of the Villain deck, does the Villain's Fight effect trigger as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. A Fight effect triggers of the card being defeated, the card does not have to be in play for that (at least that is my reading of the situation, we had a similar question in another thread, I don't think Devin has weighed in on that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Ambush Effect no because the card is not entering the city to cause it to trigger.

I would say Fight Effects yes because it would trigger when declaring an attack. Even though the card allows you to attack for free, you are still declaring an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Purdy
msg tools
One other question. When playing multiple versions of this card and applying the secondary effect, do you count each previously played tech card once per card or can you apply the same two tech cards to each Hail of Bullets played this way?

For instance, I play Boom Goes the Dynamite twice, thus creating two tech heroes. Then I play two Hail of Bullets. Can I trigger the secondary effect on both of these cards since I have two tech cards already in play or would I need to have four tech cards in play to trigger the second Hail of Bullets secondary effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is enough to have two prior tech cards. You do not "spend" those symbols to trigger the abilities, you just have to have reached the threshold. This is true both for normal Superpowers and for "Critical Hit" Superpowers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Grindel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
So me and my friends are a bit confused on using Hail Of Bullets.
I play one tech hero no effect because it's my first card, then I play the second and get that cards effect. Lastly I play Hail Of Bullets and get that cards effect because I played two tech heros before it, correct?
A friend says I can not take advantage of the secon cards powers to tigger the Hail of Bullets .
who is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenheart63 wrote:
So me and my friends are a bit confused on using Hail Of Bullets.
I play one tech hero no effect because it's my first card, then I play the second and get that cards effect. Lastly I play Hail Of Bullets and get that cards effect because I played two tech heros before it, correct?
A friend says I can not take advantage of the secon cards powers to tigger the Hail of Bullets .
who is correct?

Your friend is wrong. Since you played two tech cards prior, you can trigger the "critical hit" effect. No other factors enter into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Grindel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
thanks. Thats what I thought .
He went to a con in Toronto and there was legendary tourement and he said they told him that the general rule was only the douuble symbol card couuld be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenheart63 wrote:
thanks. Thats what I thought .
He went to a con in Toronto and there was legendary tourement and he said they told him that the general rule was only the douuble symbol card couuld be played.

Lol wat?

I mean let's face it, the dark city rules sheet is one page. That's bathroom material.

Pretty basic comprehension too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie Grindel
United States
New York
flag msg tools
yeah way he explained it they said the card was powerful you couuld only gain its effect. This came from folks at upper deck at the con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenheart63 wrote:
yeah way he explained it they said the card was powerful you couuld only gain its effect. This came from folks at upper deck at the con.

That maybe a house rule they used for the tournament, but its not in any errata I've ever heard of and it certainly isn't in my rulebook.

But I agree, Punisher cards are VERY powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.