Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If the condition below is true at the time you have this card..."

I read this as "check for the condition when you draw the card, if you don't then you can't claim the achievement - not now, not later".

Given that the ability to gain a bonus achievement is huge, it seems fair that meeting the conditions are hard. Though I wonder if some are so circumstantial that the odds of them ever happening may be beyond remote.

Have I misunderstood the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aahhhh...now you have me curious.

I took those cards as to mean "hang on to them as a card in the character's inventory until the condition is met"

Now I'm unsure...

Your way would make those secret achievements very hard to pull off. But, that might make sense.

I'll be eager to read Brett's ruling here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that too at first, but the wording seems odd if that is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it must be your first interpretation Kalidor.

It doesn't say you have to get rid of the card and then when you do satisfy the condition, the statement becomes true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is you hold the card until the condition is met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sapper_SB wrote:
My take is you hold the card until the condition is met.
That's how I'm playing it. I consider these like secret missions in the game Star Trek Fleet Captains, where players may have hidden objectives they try to reach to score points. And since there are opportunities to expose unrevealed cards and even force characters to lose them, I think it adds to the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd read "if the condition below is true at the time you have this card" as ongoing but without knowing when it would go away.

I wouldn't read that as "check whatever x is true and if so score .." simply because that's not what it says =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can hold onto and play an Achievement whenever it is met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I thought it would be too hard to achieve them otherwise.
Got confused by the description on the card; sorry, non-english native speaker. Thanks to everyone for offering their views and thanks to Brett for jumping in so fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Completely off topic...Johan how is it that your English changes from not-quite-text-acceptable to perfect from one to post to another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
td3865 wrote:
Completely off topic...Johan how is it that your English changes from not-quite-text-acceptable to perfect from one to post to another?
Heh, I don't really know what "not quite text acceptable" is? Half-failing? Not good enough? Swearing?

I don't know. Not my native language either and I haven't used my brain for anything useful for 10 years and I'm eating a poor diet and I guess neither do my brain any good. I also sit here more or less whenever I'm awake and that can be at any time, I eat whenever and possibly food intake and caffeine level may affect things to

Maybe it depends on whatever I'm complaining / just spamming bullshit or try to be helpful to? (I have a problem with to and too though )

... or someone steals my nick!

Edit: Text is also my main form of communication but very little of the text I write isn't of communicative nature so things like punction may be off from whatever is deemed appropriate.

Edit2: Bing vs Google translate (no)? Bing is horrible for translations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls