Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hallett
United Kingdom
Brixham
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Recieved AH as a fathers day gift last weekend and have just got around to playing my first game.
Read the rules thismorning. I feared, from what I had read about the game, that it would be a bit of a chore but I found them pretty straightforward and relitavely easy to get my head around, quite a relief really.
I started a solo game using Joe Diamond and Mandy Thompson and we faced off against Yig. I had sealed 3 gates with 2 doom tokens left on the doom track so I decided to restore my stats and prepare for a fight!
We managed to beat Yig but it was close and we had some scary moments!
Really enjoyed the game and I can see why its so popular. I'll be buying A few expansions to add a bit of depth as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
Microbadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." ―Denis WaitleyMicrobadge: Must go...to...sleep!Microbadge: Liverpool fan - "You'll Never Walk Alone"
Any first game success with the brutality that is Arkham Horror deserves a thumbs up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe and Mandy are probably the best combo to start with. Now try it with Sister Mary and Dexter Drake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Now try it with Sister Mary and Dexter Drake...
aka you won't know the true character of the game until you've been stomped into the ichor-soaked mud by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Now try it with Sister Mary and Dexter Drake...
aka you won't know the true character of the game until you've been stomped into the ichor-soaked mud by it.
Congrats on even finishing your first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls