Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Selwood
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been very interested in this Kickstarter campaign, but as a resident of the United Kingdom I have been put off by the potential of tax being payable, coupled with the very high postage costs.

Like, I assume, many potential international backers, I would be tempted to back the campaign, assuming the $10.00 international shipping could be reached.

The problem I see at this point is that this $25.00 difference is quite significant and enough to mean that I cannot afford to back the project until it reaches the $45k point, but there may well be others like me that are all holding back who could in fact make it reach that point if we had a guarantee of reduced shipping.

Is this just a mis-step by the campaign? I've not seen this before on Kickstarter and it seems counter-intuitive. Furthermore, if a backer were to back at, say, $75.00 for the game plus the cheaper international shipping, but it failed to ever reach that point, what would happen to that contribution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josephus is right. Once the 45k mark is reached, you can manage your pledge and lower it. Obviously this will lead to a decrease of the campaigns total. Let's see how this will be handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Best way would be to pledge now and if the shipping stretch goal is not reached adjust accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Selwood
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. I was unaware that you could later reduce a pledge, which seems strange given the nature of Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ousedaled wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I was unaware that you could later reduce a pledge, which seems strange given the nature of Kickstarter.
Just to clarify, what they mean is reduce before the End of the Campaign once 45k is reached. Otherwise KS has already taken your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shame they make stretch goals like this. I would have backed it if it was already at the reduced postage. SO I wonder how many international backers are all sitting on the fence waiting for the $45K mark? They may have already made it they started off with the attractive shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
It's a shame they make stretch goals like this. I would have backed it if it was already at the reduced postage. SO I wonder how many international backers are all sitting on the fence waiting for the $45K mark? They may have already made it they started off with the attractive shipping cost.
I agree. High shipping costs always hold me back. It's the killer factor for most campaigns when I have to decide where to put my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Aquarium ownerMicrobadge: Golden GeeklisterMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Lanarkshire Gamers, Scotland
Bearhug78 wrote:
I wonder how many international backers are all sitting on the fence waiting for the $45K mark?
I am...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Nunez
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Bearhug78 wrote:
I wonder how many international backers are all sitting on the fence waiting for the $45K mark?
I am...
At this point we are less than $800 away from the 45K mark. If you are an international backer you could jump on putting just $10 for shipping, since there are still 5 days left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the 45k hump! $10 international shipping for everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Aquarium ownerMicrobadge: Golden GeeklisterMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Lanarkshire Gamers, Scotland
Well, I tried, but it won't let me pledge less than $100.00 because I'm outside the US. Hopefully that can be sorted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Congratulations! We hit our $45K Stretch Goal mark and now all international shipping (any country outside the US) is only $10! So for those new coming in, please make sure to make your pledge as USA and add $10 for shipping.

For those who are already backers, just decrease your pledge down $25 OR to make things easier, you can use your $25 as credit towards other Add-Ons, like our very interesting Teaser Pack!

If you have any questions or are unsure of your backing pledge, send us a message and we'll be more than happy to help you out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls