Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhonda had purchased the new edition of Torres awhile back, but had not yet played. Since Torres vies with El Grande for the top slot on my “favorite games” list, I was most happy to teach the game to her. We were joined by Robert and Gail.

I was the only one with experience, but the students learned quickly. Gail missed out on getting into the king’s castle in the first round, so fell behind the rest of us. Rhonda held a slight edge over me following the first round’s scoring.

Round 1: Rhonda 30, Greg 29, Robert 25, Gail 16

Gail learned from her first round mistake, placing the king in a castle where she already had one of her knights at the proper level. Robert and I managed to scoot our knights into the castle, but Rhonda wasn’t able to make it. I was also able to expand one of my castles where I commanded the heights. This helped gain me the lead entering the final round.

Round 2: Greg 96, Gail 85, Rhonda 84, Robert 82

Robert was going to place the king into a castle where he and I already had knights, but thought better of it. Instead, he located the king on the far side of the board, and try as I might, I was unable to maneuver a knight into proper position. This truly cost me, as the castle was expanded to dizzying heights, and my opponents all had knights at high levels. So, in spite of expanding the base of the castle I commanded, the lost points were too much to overcome.

Finals: Gail 205, Rhonda 201, Robert 196, Greg 194

Ratings: Greg 10, Robert 9, Rhonda 8.5, Gail 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.