Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each day while eating lunch, I tend to read. More often than not, I’ll peruse the rules from a new game, or a game I haven’t played in awhile. This keeps me fresh on the rules for numerous games, so I can teach them at a moment’s notice and minimize the consultations with the rulebook.

This week, one of the games whose rules I re-read was Capitol. I really enjoy the game, but since it is limited to only four players, it limits its table time. A shame, too, as I consider this one of Alan Moon’s best designs. I was happy when the opportunity arose to play it again. Robert, Rhonda and Gail joined me in building the city of Rome.

The ladies proved to be the master builders, leaving Robert and I scurrying to avoid last place. Robert concentrated on one district, which he promptly improved by adding two more fountains. He captured first place in the district in the first round, but had it scooped from him by both Gail and I in the second through fourth rounds. Since he had invested most of his efforts there, he was playing “catch-up” for the remainder of the game.

I had diversified, but never could control all of these districts for long. Meanwhile, Gail kept getting stronger and stronger, making critical placements at exactly the right moments to secure majorities. In the end, she overwhelmed us.

Round-by-round scores:

Round 1: Rhonda 11, Gail 7, Robert 5, Greg 2
Round 2: Gail 20, Rhonda 18, Greg 10, Robert 7
Round 3: Gail 36, Rhonda 28, Greg 18, Robert 13
Finals: Gail 52, Rhonda 39, Greg 30, Robert 26

Ratings: Greg 8, Gail 7.5, Rhonda 6.5, Robert 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.