United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

After much thought and deliberation (and I will be writing a blog with more thoughts) I have decided to release SR as a FREE PNP early this week. Essentially, I have decided that getting the game out to people who might otherwise not try it and getting it feedback and exposure outweighs any amount of money I might make with the game. This is strictly a hobby for me - I find that I enjoy the process and product far more than the monetary reward.

Technically, the game is now complete. I am giving it one more pass for balance and triple checking the manual and any printed forms for spelling, grammar, etc. and checking all the right values are on the play aids, but I expect to release the files no later than Tuesday of this week, and possibly even this evening if I haven't made *too* many mistakes. ;-)

I want to thank all of you for all your interest in the game, and thanks to those of you willing to pay for the game. Perhaps one day there'll be a hard copy version that will be available at cost, but for now you are getting a very playable, attractive (in a modernistic way, I think) game that should bring you a lot of fun!!

I just have 2 requests, and they are important to me. I have put a year into this game, and I do want it to get into as many hands as possible. If you know anyone who might be interested in a game like this, please let them know. Also, if you like the game, or have opinions about the gameplay, design, rules, etc. PLEASE give me that feedback. I can't get better as a game designer if my games live in a vacuum. That is all I ask, and it is all I hope to get back from you.

Enjoy the game, and if you have any suggestions for 'expansions', please let me know as well!!!

-Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have you tried in VPG.

It is a small company from California. They´re interested in solitaire games and they usually published SF.

Anyway, thanks for offering the game here in the BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! This game caught my attention sometime in the past, not sure how, but I've been subscribed. Excited to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:

Have you tried in VPG.

It is a small company from California. They´re interested in solitaire games and they usually published SF.

Anyway, thanks for offering the game here in the BGG.
I have indeed heard of VPG, and they put out some quality games. Interesting suggestion. Thanks! And you are welcome for the game! I hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hawkins
United States
Missouri City
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Thank you! This game caught my attention sometime in the past, not sure how, but I've been subscribed. Excited to try it out!
Glad you found it, and hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really cool! Don't know that I will ever have the time to investigate, but you've clearly spent a lot of time and effort on a large, multifaceted design here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Files downloaded. Can't wait to try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls