Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Report by: Rhonda Bender

Havoc has a maximum of six players, but I sat at the table to (feebly) teach and referee the game. The Sturgis’ started the proceedings with a champagne toast, as they are very pleased with the buzz their game Parlay is getting, and the role of Greg Schloesser and other members of the group helping with that. While things at the Antike table already seemed to be getting pretty serious, we at the Havoc table got a little merry.
I don’t think I did a great job of teaching, and we discovered more than one rule just in time or a little late. There was confusion over the role of the Dogs of War in particular, but I think that’s pretty common in initial Havoc games. Greg Lull oversaw a year of peace in 1415, when the mercenary captains failed to show up for the battle of Harfleur. Allison won the all or nothing battle of Agincourt, aided perhaps by her recent study of the play Henry V. Greg took an early lead, but was overcome by Jennifer in the later battles. There was a fair amount of card hoarding in this game, and more than one person had a number of possible hands to choose from in the final battle. I think this is also the first time I’ve seen such universal accord from a table in rating a game!
Finals: Jennifer 26, Greg 21, Alison 19, Gail 13, Paul 11, Keith 9
Ratings: All 8’s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.