BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dice-heavy games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LUCEOID
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
I would like some more dice-heavy games. I often find myself drawn to these games when browsing recommendations. Nice and thematic is also quite important to me.

I don't have a length in mind, so it could be as long as Lords of Vegas (which I own) or pure dead quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LUCEOID
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
Dragon Dice and Las Vegas look like they'd be pretty fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
-Great Dice Games-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Frontiers!
It's a retro sci-fi worker placement/area control game where your "workers" (spaceships) are actually your dice, and the numbers rolled on them determine where you can place them. (The mechanic is the same as Kingsburg, but you have much greater flexibility with what you can do with your dice.) There are also crazy alien tech cards which let you manipulate your dice different ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Sign. Especially along with the new expansion, this is a really fun cooperative dice chucker in the Arkham Horror universe.

Quarriors!. Dice, dice, and more dice! This game gets unfairly maligned, IMO. Great custom dice and a unique "dicebuilder" mechanic make this a good choice.

Alhambra: The Dice Game. Yup, it's Alhambra but with dice. I haven't even played the original, but I like this quite a bit.

Las Vegas. Gambling fun with bunches of dice.

Seasons. A little bit of a stretch here, since the cards are actually more important than the dice, but it's such a great game I'm including it anyway.

EDIT: oops! Almost forgot King of Tokyo! Love this game, especially with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakier Ismail
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cant go wrong with Quarriors! and all its awesome expansions Dice overload with a great theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Dahl
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Station Fall includes 100 dice (25 per player), and plays in around 30-45 minutes. It's an area control game where you roll dice to determine where you can deploy those dice to a progressively built map of tiles. Dice values also double as Attack and Defense strengths with an attack upon placement battle system like Tripple Triad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
...Similar topic discussed in length in a geeklist just 10 days ago here:
Dice Fillers and My Opinions (and hopefully opinions from others, too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Escape: The Curse of the Temple. Simple, but great fun. Quite expensive, though...

A very light and quick filler which is a surprisingly pleasant experience: Skyline.

A medium-weight game with posh theme and a reasonable amount of thinking: Alea Iacta Est.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sedai wrote:
You cant go wrong with Quarriors! and all its awesome expansions Dice overload with a great theme

With all the expansions, I don't know if there is a game on the market with more dice than quarriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Gillett
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Elder Sign Extensive use of dice (locking, unlocking, etc) I enjoy the theme too. Also Level 7 [Escape] uses dice and has a good atmosphere. More to learning the game (ie big rule book). Both are co-op games. Elder Sign I've played solo and enjoyed that way too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra: The Dice Game

King of Tokyo

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LUCEOID
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
Thank you all. I have plenty to go on now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
herbeey87 wrote:
I would like some more dice-heavy games. I often find myself drawn to these games when browsing recommendations. Nice and thematic is also quite important to me.

I don't have a length in mind, so it could be as long as Lords of Vegas (which I own) or pure dead quick.

Dice heavy, very thematic - almost anything by Games Workshop, especially their two flagship products - Warhammer Fantasy & Warhammer 40,000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wouldn't call it "dice heavy" persay, I'd recommend:

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.