Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always been a big fan of Titan: The Arena, and considered it one of Knizia’s best. So, with a bit of time remaining, I was pleased when Robert grabbed this latest version off the shelf. I had not yet played this Fantasy Flight edition, so was keen to see if they had altered the game. Much to my dismay, they did.

Added to the proceedings were four new races, some of whose special abilities just seemed to powerful to me. Further, I was shocked to discover that a new rule was introduced that causes the game to end when the deck expires. I was incredulous, and even asked Robert to double-check to make sure he had this rule correct. He did. Only later did I learn that Fantasy Flight had removed this rule and restored the regular end-game condition as found in Titan: The Arena.

Robert was able to retrieve his betting chips several times, thanks to the power of one of the creatures. This enabled him to have all of his chips on the board when the game expired. I managed this feat as well, but Robert won via the tie-breaker of having made the last play.

Finals: Robert 15, Greg 15, Chris 14, Byron 9, Jim 9

Ratings: Greg 8, Robert 8, Chris 8, Byron 7, Jim 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.