Subject: A few strategy tips rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, I tend to get higher scores in this game than many people -- almost every game I pull off 23-25. The primary way I accomplish this is efficient use of clues and I wanted to give a few examples from a game today.

1) My wife knew she had two 5's, but that's it. On her last turn, she drew a green 2 which is a card we needed to play (all the other piles were past the 2 mark). One of her 5's was also green, and she had no other 2's in her hand. I think some people would have told her "the card you just drew is a 2" because that would have been a very specific clue telling her she could play that card. I, however, gave her the clue "these two cards are green". She knew one of them was a 5, and she knew the other one was the card she just drew, so she could deduce that the reason I told her right away was because the card she just drew was playable. In either case, the clue resulted in the green 2 being played, but in my version, it also told her the specific color of one of her 5's.

2) My wife gave me a clue that two of my cards were 3's. One of them I had just drawn, the other one had been in my hand for a little while. I played the one I had just drawn on my next turn. The other 3 went next-in-line for discarding since I knew we didn't need any other threes.

3) Somebody gives me a clue that I have a three. There is one playable three at the moment. Normally I'd immediately play it, unless the card was my next-to-discard *and* there is another color that still needs a 3 and we already discarded one of the two.

What I'm trying to say with these three examples is: think about *why* they gave you the clue when they did. This allows you to get more information out of your clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
What I'm trying to say with these two examples is: think about *why* they gave you the clue when they did. This allows you to get more information out of your clues.
This works. DOT.

But....

When you come to a point where you have played many (I mean MANY) games with the same people, you begin to think like that "He gave me THAT clue, the moment he gives me the clue allows me to deduce THAT OTHER stuff. But he know that I will deduce that and I know that he know so I can deduce ANOTHER MORE stuff" .....

and that fails !

whistle

That's one of the reasons I love that game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls