Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Always Leads rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I play a lot of solo, and in the solo rules it states to ignore the MM's "Always Leads" rule. I was wondering why this is. With Dark city especially, it seems certain villains are almost required, or at least have good synergy with their Masterminds. You don't really get the full effect of Apocalypse without the horsemen, for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I believe the reason is since you only have 1 villain group and 3 henchmen cards, they didn't want to restrict the villains available unnecessarily. If you always played Loki for example, you'd only ever see Enemies of Asgard.

However, nowhere does it state that you can't play that villain if you want to, only that you don't have to if you don't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yea, i just realized that some villain groups would only ever be played with Dr. Doom. As a solution, I roll a d20, if it rolls equal to or less than the MM's fight, use his "Always Leads". Otherwise, it's random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is so you play with other villain groups from time to time. Now with some of the new MM (Apocalypse) I would always use the horsemen since it provides a win condition for the MM and not using them would make him much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.