Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Detonate the Helicarrier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So, on Detonate the Helicarrier, if i have 5 twists and 3 explosions, and i draw another twist, will I add 3 more explosions to the next space, or do I just stop whenever the current space is destroyed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brault
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Keep going. Assuming nothing else KOs heroes from the HQ, things should progress this way (X marks a fully destroyed spot)

Scheme 1: 1/0/0/0/0
Scheme 2: 3/0/0/0/0
Scheme 3: X/0/0/0/0
Scheme 4: X/4/0/0/0
Scheme 5: X/X/3/0/0
Scheme 6: X/X/X/3/0
Scheme 7: X/X/X/X/4
Scheme 8: X/X/X/X/X
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you draw the 5th twist and your left most space has 3 explosions already you would KO 3 heroes in that space (destroying it) and 2 more in the next leftmost space. The scheme does not say anything about stopping if the current space is destroyed.

Ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Penberth III
msg tools
mbmbmb
A slightly different question for this scheme. Is it just Scheme twists KOs that detonate the carrier or anything that KO's a hero in the carrier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brault
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anything that KOs a hero from the HQ, though I can't think of anything that would off the top of my head

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't yet played the Helicarrier Scheme, but a Villain Escaping causes a hero to be KO'd from the HQ so would think that counts, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger van den Braak
Netherlands
Nieuwegein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does. Also when playing solo, you KO a hero of 6 or less from the HQ each time a scheme twist is completed, so I think this will be very hard solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RebelMage wrote:
Yes it does. Also when playing solo, you KO a hero of 6 or less from the HQ each time a scheme twist is completed, so I think this will be very hard solo.

They changed that rule. It now goes on the bottom of your deck instead of being KO'd. Escaped villains still KO though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
breyana scales
United States
California
flag msg tools
Knocking Out heroes still puts it into the KO area, it only goes to the bottom of the deck if you're playing solo.

For Detonate the Helicarrier, according to the Card Clarification section of the Dark City Rules, it seems as if the KOing stops once a space is destroyed regardless of how many scheme twists there are?

That's how I'm about to play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breyana wrote:
Knocking Out heroes still puts it into the KO area, it only goes to the bottom of the deck if you're playing solo.

For Detonate the Helicarrier, according to the Card Clarification section of the Dark City Rules, it seems as if the KOing stops once a space is destroyed regardless of how many scheme twists there are?

That's how I'm about to play it

No, you keep KO'ing Heroes until the number of Scheme Twists is reached, you just move to the next space. The clarification is that if you have the spaces 1-5, you don't go 1,2,3,4,5,1,..., but that you keep KO'ing in 1 until it is destroyed and then move on to 2 (Heroes that aren't KO'ed by a Scheme Twist stay in their HQ-space, obviously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomislav Jaklenec
Croatia
Rakov Potok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a litle confused by this scheme.

So when i need to KO i flip the hero down. The confusing part is the scheme twist, i dont understand, do you KO a already KOd face down card?

Lets say this is situaicon

X / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

X - marks KOd face down hero

Sho what will happen now if a Scheme twist number 1 comes out, would it be

X / X / 3 / 4 / 5

Or i just KOd the Kod face down hereo, i see no sense in this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you flip the hero down, you put another face up one on top of it so that there are still 5 available to purchase.

Then, when the first scheme twist happens in your example, you will take the leftmost hero in the HQ and turn it upside down, too. Then you will put a new hero card on top of those two face down cards so that you still have 5 heroes available to purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.