Subject: Selecting A Boat of People Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The person who won the #1 Turn order tile gets to select the first boat full of workers...

The rules specifically say that in Winter, a second boat scoring tile, cannot be added to their village...

Question: Does this imply that during Spring, Summer, and Autumn, that if I win the #1 and #2 Turn order tiles, that I get to select TWO boats full of workers? ... Or did I miss a section somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
The person who won the #1 Turn order tile gets to select the first boat full of workers...

The rules specifically say that in Winter, a second boat scoring tile, cannot be added to their village...

Question: Does this imply that during Spring, Summer, and Autumn, that if I win the #1 and #2 Turn order tiles, that I get to select TWO boats full of workers? ... Or did I miss a section somewhere?
It does sort of IMPLY that, but it's not the case. Only 1 boat per player at the end of any season. If you happen to win 2 bids, your higher bid wins and those without a bid get the leftovers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
In winter you ARE able to win several of the turn order tiles, and add them all to your village. That is probably why the "second boat scoring tile" was mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, for the quick replies and clarification.

We will either be playing Keyflower tonight (first time for all involved) or Carson City (also first for all involved...perhaps I can talk them into both) I will let them decide on theme alone. I kind of hope it's this one...but will be happy to play either way.

My group is comprised of a bunch of good players, but none of them are BGG active despite my efforts...and thus have no clue about either game I will offer this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You appear to be confusing two things.

In Spring, Summer, and Fall, you each select one (and only one) boat full of people. You get the people and skill tiles, but not the boat.

In Winter, the boats are not filled with people or skill tiles. At the end of Winter, you each choose one (and only one) boat to add to your village.

As Ori mentioned, the point of the sentence was to make clear that even though a single player can acquire multiple turn order tiles in Winter, you can only acquire one boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool avatar Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Larson
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played last week and I've emailed the dude who taught the game but no reply on this question / issue.

I remember playing last week were there was two separate bids in Winter, one for the turn order tiles and another for the boat tiles.

At the time, it made sense but now the rules tell me differently. You bid on the turn tile and pick ONE and only ONE boat tiles for end game scoring.

OK, I cool with the correct rule, mistakes happen, but what about the Sea Breese Winter Boat tile then. How would anyone get 5 boats in a row to score the 32 points without winning 4 boats in summer?

I'm guessing the replies to this are going to be very, very, hard...

From memory, one of the player did have 5 boats and scored the 32 points, he didn't win but came close.

Thanks,
Adrian Larson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dator220 wrote:

OK, I cool with the correct rule, mistakes happen, but what about the Sea Breese Winter Boat tile then. How would anyone get 5 boats in a row to score the 32 points without winning 4 boats in summer?
THey wouldn't, that's what they need to do. That's why it is so many points.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls