Subject: There is no way a Fortress can ever end up in the Trash right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you trash a Fortress, it goes to the hand of that player's owner. The only loophole I can think up of is similar with Scavenger (DA) and Chancellor (base) where placing a card into your discard pile is NOT the same thing as discarding it (matters for the purposes of cards like Tunnel from Hinterlands). AFAIK, there's no effect that "places a card into the Trash"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
ackmondual wrote:
If you trash a Fortress, it goes to the hand of that player's owner. The only loophole I can think up of is similar with Scavenger (DA) and Chancellor (base) where placing a card into your discard pile is NOT the same thing as discarding it (matters for the purposes of cards like Tunnel from Hinterlands). AFAIK, there's no effect that "places a card into the Trash"?
Yes, I don't think there's a way to get a Fortress into the trash. You can return it to the supply with Ambassador, or pass it to another player with Masquerade, or set it aside on an Island mat (or a Native Village mat that you don't ever take the cards from). So you can get rid of one, but you can't get it into the trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near PoznaƄ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
If you trash a Fortress, it goes to the your hand of that player's owner.
FTFY

Attack cards do not say "trash a top card of every other player's deck", but rather "every other player trashes a card from the top of his deck". You don't trash others' cards, you make them trash their cards. So it is always the card owner that trashes a card, even in a possessed turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls