BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Capitol missing pieces - contact Schmidt Spiele? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot seem to find the Schmidt Spiele website. I recently opened my new copy of "Capitol" only to find that I was missing one "rounded" green rooftop piece.

Any advice on contacting Schmidt Spiele or for getting this missing piece would be appreciated.

I do not mind the occasional omission so long as correcting the problem is easy. I recently had omissions with Rio Grande and EggertSpiele. Both corrected the problem promptly.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.schmidtspiele.de/

This is what they say:

"Unfortunately, our free spare part service has been repeatedly misused in the past. From now on we can only process your inquiry concerning the puzzle and game service if you observe the following. We apologize for any inconvenience.:

Notes concerning the games service
You need a spare part for a game? We will gladly send it to you. Please send us a letter and indicate your address, your telephone number, the name of the game as well as the description of the spare part. Please enclose four stamps with the value of 0.55 EUR. We will send you immediately the needed spare part then.

Please use the following address for all inquiries:
Schmidt Spiele GmbH
Abteilung: Kunden-Service
Postfach 47 04 37
D-12313 Berlin
Germany"

Not sure what you do if you can't get Euro stamps. Maybe a European geek can do this on your behalf. I would do it, but we don't have the Euro in Sweden either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be willing to pay for the piece and the shipping. Anyone have an email address so that I may inquire as to whether or not this would be acceptable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
info@schmidtspiele.de

though I have never tried contacting then so I don't know how good they are at reading/responding.
Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for being helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was missing a yellow round piece when I opened my game years ago. I cut a old broomstick down and cut off a slice the size needed. The curve on the broomstick matched the roof sections. A little sanding and painting and I had a piece barely distiguishable from a game original piece. Took no time to do and was a great substitute while I waited for the replacement part.
I still have it if you want to paint it green.
ScottH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.