Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An initial two player game of Vanished Planet. We ended up winning (barely) on easy mode, but we played on rule incorrectly. We only grew the creature toward our own homeworlds, whereas it should grow towards all homeworlds (restricting mobility around the galaxy).

Things I like so far:
* Simplicity - the game is very easy to learn
* Theme - the theme is interesting
* Components - the components are of good quality for an independent game

Things I don't like so far:
* Abstract - although the theme is nice, it's not particularly rich
* Artwork - some of the artwork is very amateurish. The card icons are hard to read.
* Card system - there are four levels of cards, but you usually go directly from lowest cards to highest cards - there's not much incentive to "hold" the middle tier cards. This makes them seem almost meaningless.
* No alien powers - this is of course remedied by a free expansion

I would definitely like to try this game again. Although it is no match for Knizia's Lord of the Rings, it's a lot easier and faster to play and it has a space theme. I wouldn't mind seeing a large scale expansion that really fleshed out the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The middle tier cards are your best trade items to move the results of the most resources to whoever needs it most while staying within the 'one card traded' rule. Harmonic Oscillator can be traded to whoever needs to quickly construct a mine, etc.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.