Hide
4 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Variants

Subject: Each player plays 2 wonders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mannequin Piss
msg tools
I play very often with a group of 3 or 4 people.
We are all pretty solid at the game.
Recently we started playing a variant where each of the 3 or 4 players plays 2 boards.

It.
Is.
Awesome.

Everything works the same.
The only tweak we had to make is in which order you look at and choose your cards for your 2 wonders.
If the particular round is to the right, then you look at and choose your cards for your left side wonder first, then the other side. Once everyone has made both choices, in that order, all cards are played simultaneously and then cards are passed. Vice versa if the round is to the left.

It has really spiced things up for a group of veteran addicts of this game.
Some really fun synergies happen (e.g. Abu Simbel and Rome).
It also makes Stonehenge B even cooler.
I can't recommend this variant enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you basically plays a 6-8players game but with each player control two hands of cards? or better you play a "team game" individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
we tried this last night. 4 players, 8 boards, and I really did not enjoy it. One of is, me, had to direct the game to ensure that hands got passed correctly and that we all revealed at the same time. at times the game dragged and it made it hard to focus on my neighbors. I enjoy playing this way with just 2 players, but more than that was not as enjoyable... just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bread eaterMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Christian
You might as well just follow the team-play rules. In fact, that seems to be almost what you are doing. I assume you don't have military conflicts against yourself, right?

There is a flaw with your card drafting design, though. Let's say I control wonders A and B below, and cards are being passed in the direction of the arrows.

--> -->
[A] [B]

You say that I should look at the cards for Wonder A before looking at the cards for Wonder B, but I already know which cards Wonder B has because I just looked at those cards last turn when Wonder A had them. If passing right, you should draft with cards on the right first, or better yet, just look at both hands simultaneously and make strategic decisions, as is allowed by the official team rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls