BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: I need a room for Gen Con - Have $$$ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mongo Chariot Crasher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I need a place to crash at Gen Con, Anyone have space and want my money?
Mongo64

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use Google to find a hotel with a room in the surrounding areas. There are a ton of them about 10-20 minutes out from the center of downtown.

Problem...solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mongo Chariot Crasher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Thanks for the thought but that's not a solution for me. I fly in and renting a car and paying dowtown parking, plus lost time driving, is not a viable option. I also dont walk long distances very well so a con center room is a MUST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh we should find a room and split it I'm in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mongo Chariot Crasher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
If we can pull off the miracle of a con center hotel room, I'm game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a room near the airport. It is $99 per night and I can transfer the registration to you via the Housing people. PM me if you are still needing a room. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only the GoExpress people would post their routes. Based on the taxi fares from the Airport hotels it would run about $28 one way.

*sigh*

Oh well still looking to share a room as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as airport transportation, when I went several years ago I used the IndyGo public bus to get to downtown from the airport. It cost just a few dollars though I can't remember exactly how much. You might look to see if there is still service to and from the airport, if you are staying near the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mongo Chariot Crasher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I've been going to gen con since the 80's, Wisconsin and Indy,I know the layout cold. You can get a $15 shuttle from the airport to the con center - there are a bunch of them in 1 building and they are all price regulated. One of the reasons I want a con center room because is because the round trip will cut an hour and a half off of what little sleep I do get. Another reason is I don't feel like travelling at 2am after having a couple of Hurricanes at the Hard Rock thats a 30 second stagger from the con center...

Is there no one out there with a room at the Westin, Crowne, Mariott, etc, who wants to pocket a couple of Benjamins from someone who wont be in the room most of the time anyways???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.