Richard E. Markhardt
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a PDF version of updates to spaces on the Talisman board that I received over in this forum: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/385744/paste-ups-availab...

The person that provided them said that the items were scaled to the correct size so that when printed they would fit perfectly over the spaces on my Talisman board. I tried printing them in Adobe Reader X and the images are way too small.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I don't want to waste anymore ink/sticker paper. In the print screen I chose to print them "Actual Size" as I thought that would have made the most sense, however, they caused them to be too small.

I'm horrible at stuff like this and I honestly have no idea how to get these to print correctly.

Please help me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the dare978devil
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The problem is that the original poster who offered the printables is using a Mac, and you are (likely) using a PC. The differences in the OSs make for different results. Also, printers rarely behave like other printers, so something which works perfectly on his printer may not work in exactly the same way on yours. This is true even of printers from the same make, but different model.

However, the problem is easy to fix although it will certainly require a bit of experimentation. ReaderX fortunately provides % scaling of any image, meaning you can increase or decrease the scale of the printed object. In this case, you need to increase it and print at 125% or whatever % makes for a perfect match. What I suggest is that you first watch this instructional video on ReaderX print options :

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-acrobat-x/printin-resizing-o...

Then you use normal paper, and print out the image scaled to what your best guess is to fit the space on the Talisman board. Cut it out, and see how close you are. Adjust as necessary until it fits perfectly, and then make your final print onto the sticker paper. To save colour ink, feel free to print in grey scale while you are trying to determine the exact % you need to scale to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.