Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu and Games, Comics, Etc. in Springfield, MO at 2746 S. Campbell has been more than generous to offer our new board game group "Game Lads of Springfield" a couple tables on Sundays between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm.

Everyone is invited! We have 5 or six people showing up regularly and another 6+ intermittent so feel free to come join us!

We have a wide range of games available both out of our personal collections and store sample copies and would love to have anyone bring games from their collections in to play. We are a family friendly group and would love to have people just show up and watch but we would rather you jump into a game with us!

We play Euro's, Ameritrash, card games, dice games, war games and the only rule is ABSOLUTELY NO MONOPOLY!

If you are interested you can GM me or go to our Facebook page, search Game Lads of Springfield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll come check this out, thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Wood
United States
Cabool
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stone
msg tools
I see this post is pretty old - this group still going on? Been looking for a board game group in Springfield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I figured it is about time for an update.

After forming the group we lost two (of the three founding members) one due to a move and the other "disappeared" into the ether (I am still here!). However, the good news is that we are still going strong and growing too!

We have over 50 members and are the largest (organized) boardgaming group in Springfield!

We still meet at GCE on Sudays from 1-5 and are meeting more and more often on Saturdays for games too. In this hobby more is very good!

I have started doing demo's anywhere anyone will let me and playing with whomever I can. I have become even more wargame-centric but I do still play quite a few Euro's. We have a new member from Chicago who knows more about the Euro game scene than I will ever know! Just ask her!

If anyone is interested in keeping up with us be sure and go to our Facebook group page and join; search "Game Lads of Springfield".

We hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Game Lads of Springfield Sunday boardgames this weekend will be an All American Ameri-Trash Day!

We have several Ameri-Trashey games lined up; Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game, Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak, Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game and more!

Come Join us at Games, Comics, Etc. 2746 S. Campbell in Springfield, MO from 1-5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hayden Harris
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I live in Springfield and would definitely be interested in playing board games with you guys! I've had a gaming group of 6 for the last couple years and have grown to love board games but we're all split up now because of college so it would be great to get into a new group. I requested to be in the Facebook Group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I just added you (I am the admin for fb) and we look forward to seeing you at one of our meetups.

We are usually at Games, Comics, Etc (GCE) on Sunday from 1pm - 5pm most every week. We also tend to meet up at GCE on Saturday afternoons from time to time so come and join us any time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls