Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I've now played 2 and a 1/2 times.
Enjoyed this a lot and my opponent and I agree it needs to get back onto the table.

Rules are pretty smooth, no major hiccups.
Game play provokes a lot of thinking and choices of how to best allocate scare resources. Timing is key, focus of force is key.

Likely the 2nd best magazine game I have ever played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just don't forget to block the roads leading to Anzio... soblue

And as the Germans - don't be timid. You need to be aggressive and force the Allies to fight for every VP space that you can (even if it means using the ability to Fall Back instead of fighting it out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great game. Since we agree on that, I am interested in what you consider to be the best magazine game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Maccyn wrote:
It is a great game. Since we agree on that, I am interested in what you consider to be the best magazine game?

There is a light but rich game called Raid and Riposte from LnL. I'm a bit of a Mark Walker fan boy, so my bias is clear. A very different game from this.

Recently I have played a slew of to my mind terrible magazine games. This game here from Paper Wars restored my faith in them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.