War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Total Leadership/Leadership rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
Hello, i am new to this game, and though i read the rules it could well be possible, that i didn't read them very thoroughly. But here is my question: Is there a distinction between "Total leadership" and "Leadership" (i don't have the english version so Total Leadership may be called otherwise in the rules)?

There is a card which allows you to reduce the total leadership of the nazgul by 2 to receive a +1 to your battle roll... what is the advantage here?

Thanx for your answers in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
As shadow its not unusual to have 5, 6, or 7 leadership. With 7 leadership, clearly you might as well go down to 5 and get the +1, since you can only re-roll 5 dice anyway. With 5 leadership, its less clear cut, but in sieges it is still better to get the +1 with only three leadership, if you look at the odds. Plus if you have the Witch King around, you can exchange that card for a (hopefully) better card for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.