Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a great session with 4 people yesterday.

Kicked off with Agricola. I usually play a reasonable game, but I got horribly screwed when another player took the last 'Fences' on the last turn when I didn't think they could. Ended up with a ton of empty space and last place as a reward. I doubt I would have won anyway, but would probably have got second.

Then we moved onto RoboRally. It was a tough board with a difficult checkpoint layout. I managed to navigate it pretty well, avoiding mistakes and won easily while the other 3 players drove into pits, shot each other, and made futile attempts to drive backwards up a conveyor belt.

Next up was Terra Mystica. It was only my second ever game of this and it is fast becoming a favourite in our group. I played Dwarves and didn't build my Stronghold all game. But I did quite well on the Priest tracks and with Tunneling I managed to get the largest area and I eventually won the game by about 5 points from the Witches in second.

Last up was Small World Underground. This is another game that I am usually pretty good at, but in this game I got horribly owned. My wife decided to obliterate me every time I set down roots. My Frightened Kraken got removed unceremoniously from the river, my Vengeful Cultists never really got Vengeance and my Muddy Flames were quickly extinguished. I never really got going and came in last.

Four games, two first place and two last place. I guess you could call that pretty average

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Lamar
United States
Clackamas
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Saturday: King of Tokyo x2 as a family. Daughter won the first game, hubby won the second.
Lords of Waterdeep with the hubby x1 (he won)
Lady Alice x1 at a group (new game for everyone and one person won by default)
Tokaido x1 at a group (tied for 2nd) new game to all
Quarriors x1 at a group (I won)

Sunday: Carcassonne, Discovery x1 with my daughter (I won)
Dungeon! X2 as a family (I won both times)

We have an almost 5 year old we play games with as well so anything listed "as a family" are games we play with/against her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 * Smash Up
1 * Monty Python Fluxx
5 * Pandemic
1 * Zombie Dice

Visited my girlfriend in Brighton and only had space to take a few games. I gave her Pandemic among other gifts as a present so we played that a few times, great game and she really likes it, great success!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I experimented with Star Wars: The Card Game, making new decks with some of the Force packs in the Hoth series. (Star Wars: The Card Game – The Desolation of Hoth, Star Wars: The Card Game – A Dark Time, and Star Wars: The Card Game – The Search for Skywalker. We also created a felt starfield for Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, and played a couple games of that.

We went to my mother's house and played Wits & Wagers, Ingenious, and Ticket to Ride with my mother and grandmother.

My wife and I also squeezed in a game of Dominion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United Kingdom
Epping
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't realise there was already an established thread for this. Can some mod do a fancy trick to merge this one in with the other one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.