Subject: Last round customers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Lutz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone,

in our game last night we had a tricky situation coming up. On the last round of the game, I had a size 6 pet, which I could sell for 4 gold, and a size 4 pet, which was worth 1 gold. However, due to a nasty mutation, I needed to pay the customer 1 gold. And there's the problem: I had none!

So here arises the question: Do those last round sales happen simultanously or could I have sold the one pet first to pay for the second one?

Looking forward got your rulebook interpretations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Screw the rulebook.
I sell the mutated petz first which I do not pay the minus 1 coin since I had none and sell the next petz. devil
The imps are stupid but their master doesn't!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Since there is nothing about it being simultanious, I would say you can sell your pets in the order you like. And a pet could even be sold to the "last" customer first, and then one to the "first" (of the two in the last round of course - just that you don't have to sell to the first customer first).

One thing you cannot do is sell the mutated pet first if you must pay to sell it (and don't have any gold), as this is in the rules (p.15 last in the middle coloumn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can sell in the order that you choose (no requirement to be simultaneous), and in this case you HAVE to sell the non-mutated pet first to get the gold for the other one. You could also keep the mutated one instead of selling, but presumably you were getting more points overall from the sale even with the 1-gold penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Lutz
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
You could also keep the mutated one instead of selling, but presumably you were getting more points overall from the sale even with the 1-gold penalty.
It "only" cost me 15 VP and the victory,so...

On the one hand, I think it makes thematic sense, that you can use one customer's money to pay the other one, on the other hand this has the typical "don't make that mistake or I will punish you hard" of Mr. Chvátil's games all over it whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls