Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a gimmick. We don't even normally stack our tiles, except for The City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't stack our tiles since we got a bag in one of the previous expansions. Of course it is a gimmick. It is a gimmick in which you can stack tiles.

It does appear to hold them in place and allow for easy drawing of tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
It's for ballast. Once you get all the expansions tucked away into your single Carcassonne box, you balance it on your game shelf opposite the tower.

DUH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ekted wrote:
Looks like a gimmick. We don't even normally stack our tiles, except for The City.

Much like dice towers and other such gimmicks, towers for the tiles are popular with certain groups. See:

http://www.carcassonne-city.de/tower_hp.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Price
United States
Monson
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've stacked tiles from the getgo. It's just as random, it saves wear-and-tear on the tiles, and it's a lot faster than grabbing one out of the bag. We don't even wait for someone to place their tile before grabbing ours--it speeds things along nicely to give people an early start in thinking about their next move. goo

Of course, I do have fear that this tower may slow tile-grabbing down slightly (though not as much as grabbing from the bag would), and I have this fear in the back of my mind--what if the tower fell over? gulp

Still I'm looking forward to it. I didn't see it listed anywhere, but I asked Thoughthammer about it and they just added it as a pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
For those who stack tiles (in tower or not), how do you shuffle the tiles, so you just shuffle them on the table? Does that creates more wear and tear than using the bag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.