Elder Sign: Unseen Forces» Forums » General

Subject: Disappointed with the 'master' mythos cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting extremely challenging master mythos cards... most of them aren't even very powerful, in fact.. some of them are worse than most of the regular mythos cards. What gives? (I'm assuming the master mythos cards are the ones with a red border)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look pretty horrendous, but I haven't tried them out yet. Some of the regular new Mythos cards are nasty so far, especially the ones with a choice.

Everone seems to overlook the highly customizable difficulty level; for instance you can just keep the original Other Worlds and "The Elder Sign" cards as a simple way to up the difficulty. Or start off with all players "Cursed". They really should include some official difficlty levels in the rules the way Repos' "Ghost Stories" does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
Some of the regular new Mythos cards are nasty so far, especially the ones with a choice.
Agreed! That's my point - I see no difference between (most) of the regular mythos cards they added this expansion and the 'master' mythos cards..

not really a big deal I just don't know why they went as far as changing the border color if the cards aren't even that much more difficult (two of them - if I remember correctly - are actually beneficial!)

Thoth Amon wrote:
Everone seems to overlook the highly customizable difficulty level; for instance you can just keep the original Other Worlds and "The Elder Sign" cards as a simple way to up the difficulty. Or start off with all players "Cursed". They really should include some official difficlty levels in the rules the way Repos' "Ghost Stories" does.
Yea we have a house rule where if an adventurer is devoured, that player is removed from the game entirely... makes for a much more difficult game. We also advance the clock 4 or 5 hours every turn, rather than the usual 3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls