Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be playing Byzantium with some friends tomorrow so I was reading the rules as well as the rules questions here and I have two small questions:

1) I understand that the taxation special action requires cubes only from the cube pool (free). Are any of the other special actions have such a limitation, or is this the only special action that doesn't allow for a casualty cube or an army cube to be used (with payment, of course.)

2) When one takes over a city are the victory points AND the Byzants immediately recorded/paid, or does the latter happen in the income and maintanence phase? The reason I am asking this is because after reading the rules under "Successful Attack?" in the rule book, I was sure you get the victory points as well as the Byzants right away. But then I made the mistake of going through some rules questions and in some people's answers it seemed that they were implying that one gets the Byzants only during the income phase. I am pretty sure Morgan said one gets the Byzants right away when he demo-ed the game at BGG.Con, but I just wanted to make sure.

thank you for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As far as i remember it is the only action.

2) Immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
GeoMan wrote:
2) Immediately.

Correct. In fact, at least as written, you get the byzants before you have to place your cube, so you can use them to pay for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.