Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this must have been covered but couldn't easily find it in a search:

When advancing the fire at the end of a turn, namely in a space that has a hot spot, and in which smoke turns to fire which would then causes a chain of more smokes to become fire as a secondary effect, do all secondary effects of the initial fire roll take place before the next roll (due to hotspot) or do all secondary effects of all rolls on a single turn happen only after all hotspot rolls have been completed?

We've been playing that we fully resolve all effects of each advance fire roll before moving on to the next, but I just wanted a clear answer as in the rule book the hotspot rules and advance fire rules are separately located (experienced and family sections respectfully).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim West
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, you've been playing correctly. You resolve all secondary results of the initial fire before rolling for the next.

From the Turn Order cards (not sure if these were included in the initial print run):

Quote:
2. Advance Fire
- Roll for Smoke
- Resolve Explosions (if needed)
- Resolve Flashovers (if needed)
- Resolve Hazmats (if needed)
- Resolve Flare Ups (if needed)
- Resolve Knock Downs
- Resolve Lost POI or Victims

Edited to Add: So, actually, I guess not all secondary effects, but I can't think of a situation where it would matter if you removed a Firefighter or Victim/POI before rolling for the Flare Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Campbell
Canada
Banff
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.