Hide
4 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lea
msg tools
I'm about to purchase the game, and have downloaded the rules from the FFG site. Reading them in conjunction with all of the forum posts, videos etc. here have given me a pretty good idea of how the game is played before I even get it, but a couple of questions strike me;

1) Am I correct that, when investigators have provided assistance, all of the dice are returned to the dice pool (unless locked) at the end of the current player turn, ie. you don't have to wait until the assiting player's turn to return the die he has focused to the pool?

2) Cthulhu's card states in the text for his attack that monsters don't appear once he has awoken. My understanding was that, whichever Ancient One is opposing the players, once it awakens, all Adventure cards are removed, and no new ones, and no Mythos cards are drawn. It is by definition therefore impossible for monsters to appear after any of the Ancient ones awakens, and this part of the text on Cthulhu's card is redundant. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Sorry if these have been asked and answered many times before, and many thanks in anticipation of any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You're correct; all the dice are returned to the pool (unless locked).

2) You are correct.. redundant rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on Cthulhu is there because he can heal which adds a doom token to his card. Since these tokens can fill up a space with a monster, some people might think they have to add a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lea
msg tools
Many thanks to both for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.