Subject: Swedish Meatballs PBF Game 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Placeholder.

Current players are:
Jythier
QwertyMartin
Fateswanderer

Current Status:

Working on board depiction for internet play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
First try: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8ZDaTVR_0QdHZ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Swedish Meatballs PBF Game 1 (looking for a player!)
qwertymartin wrote:

Pretty colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do either of you know any other potential players, or should I start hitting up my go-to people for forum games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate might be up for it, or garygarison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to reach out. AdamBadura and I have had some success playing Master of Economy online, so I might hit him up after we know about Nate/Gary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate's in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright... let's do this thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think the board should be pretty easy to annotate. Just put in one of our initials when a shop is bought, and then a number to indicate how many tourists have wandered in there. And then use R, G, B, Y, P to code the tourists who are present on fountain spaces?

Setup wise we need three sets of 3 non-matching tourists for the entrance spaces and then the remaining 45 randomised (but no more than 3 in a row of the same colour, right?) to make the queue. Does anyone know what the colour distributions are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:

Pretty colors.

Looks like a Mondrian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Alright... let's do this thing.

Woot!

I'm actually really psyched about the game AND the players here, because you guys are tough competition! At least, my (hopefully) inflated sense of who you are as opponents has you set up as tough competition. Except Andrew. Sorry dude. Then again, Container... my specialty. This is totally different.

But there's shops and MONEY so it's got to be awesome. And auctions. I love auctions.

Here is a list.

Jythier
Fateswanderer
QwertyMartin
NateStrait

And now, we pick from the list.

1d4 = (1) = 1

And again.

1d3 = (2) = 2

And a coin toss.

1d2 = (2) = 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 387471. Jythier
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 387472. Jythier
  • 1d3 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm
  • [+]
  • 387473. Jythier
  • 1d2 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:56 pm
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier
QwertyMartin
NateStrait
Fateswanderer

Totally random. I hate it when I randomly get first player when I do the random stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Jythier wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:

Pretty colors.

Looks like a Mondrian!

That looks like the SimCity 4 Region mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are we handling the customer row setup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
How are we handling the customer row setup?

Badly, so far. How is it handled in the ftf game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
So I think the board should be pretty easy to annotate. Just put in one of our initials when a shop is bought, and then a number to indicate how many tourists have wandered in there. And then use R, G, B, Y, P to code the tourists who are present on fountain spaces?

Whoops. This is the second time this week I've missed an obvious post from you, Martin.

Quote:
Setup wise we need three sets of 3 non-matching tourists for the entrance spaces and then the remaining 45 randomised (but no more than 3 in a row of the same colour, right?) to make the queue. Does anyone know what the colour distributions are?

There are 15 Y and 10 of each of the others, if I recall correctly... but that's one too many, so it must be 14 Y.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll whip up a randomized list in Excel and paste it in. Give me just a second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 14 yellow, 10 for the others, by the way.

ninjaNate got it while I was finding it again in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
I'll whip up a randomized list in Excel and paste it in. Give me just a second.

Well, how do we get the first 9 to go onto the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

"All players jointly distribute the visitors:
On each of the three dark blue fountain spaces (the entrance spaces) must be placed three visitors. No two visitors of each group of three may be the same color."

That gives no indication of what the heck is going on to 'jointly distribute the visitors'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
From the rules:

On each of the three dark blue fountain spaces (the entrance spaces) must be placed three visitors. No two visitors of each group of three may be the same color."

That gives no indication of what the heck is going on to 'jointly distribute the visitors'.

I'll just go down my randomly generated list to get the first three different customers I find, then assign them left-to-right across the board to each of the entrance spaces... making sure the remaining customers don't break the "no 4 in a row of the same color" rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't *think* there's a way Nate can secretly seed the board to his advantage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Jythier wrote:
From the rules:

I'll just go down my randomly generated list to get the first three different customers I find, then assign them left-to-right across the board to each of the entrance spaces... making sure the remaining customers don't break the "no 4 in a row of the same color" rule.

See, if we'd had Nate here to start our spreadsheet would automatically add our scores as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
I don't *think* there's a way Nate can secretly seed the board to his advantage

We'll know what to blame if he wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The auctions are going to be really annoying aren't they. Open auctions are always a nightmare for asynchronous play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.