Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Higginbotham
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had a bit of confusion with an odd combination: I Processioned a Cultist and then reacted to the following trashing of the Cultist with Market Square. Because I got to play the Cultist twice before Procession trashed it, I drew four cards (+2 - everyone else gets ruins, +2 - everyone else gets ruins). Procession then trashes my Cultist, which will net me another three cards from the Cultist's "when trashed" effect- but before I draw those cards I reveal a Market Square from my hand. Essentially I have two actions firing at the same time "when (I) trash a card" for which the order can make a difference. If I resolve the Cultist first, I will shuffle my deck before the Market Square and its Gold make it to my discard pile; while if I resolve the Market Square first I have the possibility of seeing them in again much sooner - possibly in this hand.
So, do I get to choose which "when you trash a card" effect I implement first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
Exindiv wrote:
Had a bit of confusion with an odd combination: I Processioned a Cultist and then reacted to the following trashing of the Cultist with Market Square. Because I got to play the Cultist twice before Procession trashed it, I drew four cards (+2 - everyone else gets ruins, +2 - everyone else gets ruins). Procession then trashes my Cultist, which will net me another three cards from the Cultist's "when trashed" effect- but before I draw those cards I reveal a Market Square from my hand. Essentially I have two actions firing at the same time "when (I) trash a card" for which the order can make a difference. If I resolve the Cultist first, I will shuffle my deck before the Market Square and its Gold make it to my discard pile; while if I resolve the Market Square first I have the possibility of seeing them in again much sooner - possibly in this hand.
So, do I get to choose which "when you trash a card" effect I implement first?
Yep. If two things happen to you on the same trigger, you choose the order.

In fact, if one of the three cards you draw is the market square, you can still reveal it (again) in response to the same trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls