Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone back and forth and up and down and decided I would, like many, through a post up here to get the feedback of this excellent community. I got a bit of cash to spend specifically on games for my birthday and have about 40ish or so left to assign. Want to get something my wife will enjoy playing (she likes Agricola, Lord of the Rings (board game), and Zooloretto) and it wouldn't hurt if my kids enjoyed it too. Here is the "short" list to round out my CSI order...

King of Tokyo (more for the kids)
Innovation (on recommendation)
7 Wonders (on recommendation)
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Fantastiqua (just looked into this and like the sound of it)
Wilderness

I love good thematic games and my wife likes less confrontation (but can handle some). She loves having dice to roll (which isn't apparent in her likes above I guess). I would prefer its playable two player so it can join the short list of games she will play and solo is always a plus.

Thanks in advance.

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
MhidDa wrote:

King of Tokyo (more for the kids)
Innovation (on recommendation)
7 Wonders (on recommendation)
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Fantastiqua (just looked into this and like the sound of it)
Wilderness

I can provide feedback on the games I'm familiar with here.

Innovation: better for two than three or four. Uses a lot of odd terminology in the rules but not too complex once you understand what's going on. Very, very mean though. The game is focused on milking things you get that hurt your opponents until they can counter them.

7 Wonders: Really fun game, not playable with 2 using normal rules. Plays best with 4 or more. Light-ish but still offers a lot of choices.

Tales of the Arabian Nights: A lot of fun but very random. The choices you make often lead to skill rolls that don't seem like they're consistent with what you'd expect. If you play it for the 'game' it's not that great but if you play it for the storytelling it's a ton of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.