United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen these or used anything like it:

http://www.card-boards.com/

After playing my first game of TtR the other night this seems like a must have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia comes with card holders.

We have also used the tile holders from 10 Days in Africa when playing several different card games. They make it possible to hold a young child in my lap and play a game without the child constantly grabbing the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia comes with card holders.

We have also used the tile holders from 10 Days in Africa when playing several different card games. They make it possible to hold a young child in my lap and play a game without the child constantly grabbing the cards.
That awesome, I didn't know about this. Do any other expansions come with them? So is the asia board good with two players? We like the idea of a smaller map with more chances of blocking each other. The card holders I posted thr link for have 4 slots but I guess we can just use a bunch from thr Asia expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

That awesome, I didn't know about this. Do any other expansions come with them? So is the asia board good with two players? We like the idea of a smaller map with more chances of blocking each other. The card holders I posted thr link for have 4 slots but I guess we can just use a bunch from thr Asia expansion.
No, the other expansions don't have them. I mean, if you have scrabble or something like that, then you could see if those letter holders might work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLastRaven wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

No, the other expansions don't have them. I mean, if you have scrabble or something like that, then you could see if those letter holders might work as well.
No I don't have any solutions, I am either getting a set from the link I posted for $12 shipped or debating paying $10-15 extra and getting the asia expansion. Is it worth it just for the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
TheLastRaven wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
bwingrave wrote:

No I don't have any solutions, I am either getting a set from the link I posted for $12 shipped or debating paying $10-15 extra and getting the asia expansion. Is it worth it just for the map?
Hmm, well that doesn't work then. That was my best suggestion at a quick fix. I actually use the box to hold my train cards in a 2 player game in a pinch

I find the map to be pretty challenging and entertaining from playing on the iOS version of it. I have to say that the "falling" bridges adds a bit to the game. Honestly, my favorite map pack is the Switzerland/India pack, which I got because I love the Swiss map.

On the subject of card holders, there are a number of them available on eBay for much cheaper than the map if you aren't interested in it at all. However, I do really like the variety of mechanics the TtR maps provide in addition to a new locale.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Switzerland map pack seems to be out of print sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

My goodness... That sucks. I'm surprised it is, though it's possible that your FLGS may have a copy kicking around. I got it not too long ago and I'm sure mine still has a copy. Hm... Fascinating.

Still, I think Asia is fine, even without the team aspect to it, it's still a solid addition, though not my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
Scotland
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
I have the power!
Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: The theme is strong with this oneMicrobadge: I play with purple!
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I've heard from a few retailers its coming back in print this festive period. I missed it first time around as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is my solution. Rack-O.

It's very cheap to buy at any large retailer (Meijer, Wal-Mart yuk, or Target) and fits the cards very well. It can get tight when you put 5 cards in one slot, but that shouldn't happen too often. You can certainly use more slots for the same color of card.

Then you have an entirely different game which is very boring, but it's there if you need variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls