United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
http://d6desperados.com
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an actively updated geek list below that keeps track of the deals available from CSI and MM.
I will use this space to maintain coverage of the current geeklist of information if anything changes.

johnjon's CoolStuffInc and Miniature Market Deals of the Day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know of a better way to establish a crosswalk between the geeklist and Hot Deal section. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I would rather people make threads for the individual sales and games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
labrhat22 wrote:
I do not know of a better way to establish a crosswalk between the geeklist and Hot Deal section. Thoughts?

I subscribe to the hot deals forum. I do this so that I can see all the threads that created in the forum. I usually judge whether to open the thread or not by the title. So your thread won't be much use to me because a) the title doesn't tell me anything about what games are the hot deal and b) unless I subscribe to this thread I won't see it after today. If I wanted to get a daily notice show up in my subscriptions I would just subscribe to that geeklist.

Which means that your thread will be more useful to those who don't subscribe to the forum but just review it manually. But that still leaves the thread title issue. They have to open the thread and jump to the latest post to even see if they are interested. Meanwhile, someone else has probably already posted a thread specifically about that day's deal which they can just look at the thread title and decide if they are interested or not.

Finally, if you want to do this, I'd rather you just do it yourself. I was subscribed to the geeklist you mentioned and it isn't always updated in a very timely manner. So you're just going to add another level of delay. Once he get's around to putting them on, then you can put post a link and maybe it's already mid-morning or the afternoon by that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
labrhat22 wrote:

I subscribe to the hot deals forum. I do this so that I can see all the threads that created in the forum. I usually judge whether to open the thread or not by the title. So your thread won't be much use to me because a) the title doesn't tell me anything about what games are the hot deal and b) unless I subscribe to this thread I won't see it after today. If I wanted to get a daily notice show up in my subscriptions I would just subscribe to that geeklist.

Which means that your thread will be more useful to those who don't subscribe to the forum but just review it manually. But that still leaves the thread title issue. They have to open the thread and jump to the latest post to even see if they are interested. Meanwhile, someone else has probably already posted a thread specifically about that day's deal which they can just look at the thread title and decide if they are interested or not.

Finally, if you want to do this, I'd rather you just do it yourself. I was subscribed to the geeklist you mentioned and it isn't always updated in a very timely manner. So you're just going to add another level of delay. Once he get's around to putting them on, then you can put post a link and maybe it's already mid-morning or the afternoon by that point.

This begs the question though... should somebody post the CSI and MM deals on the Hot Deals thread if those items can already be viewed on the other thread? I posted one today for the CSI thread and was told "this info is available elsewhere." It gave me the impression that everybody already knew about it or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

I second this they're easy enough to ignore if I'm not interested and it shows up in my email from the subscription
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
gramaw wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
labrhat22 wrote:

This begs the question though... should somebody post the CSI and MM deals on the Hot Deals thread if those items can already be viewed on the other thread? I posted one today for the CSI thread and was told "this info is available elsewhere." It gave me the impression that everybody already knew about it or something.

Yes. I don't have any interest in subscribing to a geeklist. I want to see the daily deals as their own thread with the name of the game and the website in the title. The person who told you to do otherwise was the OP.

Keep posting them deals! I don't say shit when I see a slew of video game entries, so anyone opposing individual entries for MM and CSI can shush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Applegate
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. It's a hot deal, it should be posted in the hot deals forum. I'm not going to follow a geeklist when I can see the name of the game and price in my subscriptions. I don't see the upside of moving them exclusively to a geeklist. Let's have both, and everyone can use the one they like. We're not going to run out of room on the forums... are we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to be able to subscribe to the daily deals without also subscribing to get notifications when people comment on the individual deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd personally rather have everything show up in this single list as well. Maybe we should just add Miniature Market as one of the good value stores in the pinned "what's a hot deal" thread and be done with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolmew wrote:
I would like to be able to subscribe to the daily deals without also subscribing to get notifications when people comment on the individual deals.

Click subscribe. It will change to say unsubscribe. Next to that will be a small down arrow. Click the down arrow and select edit subscription. Change the setting next to comments from default to no. Now you will get updates but not when comments are made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weizur wrote:
broken clock wrote:

I second this they're easy enough to ignore if I'm not interested and it shows up in my email from the subscription

I also agree with this. If someone wants a separate GL to keep a history then that's up to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gramaw wrote:
I'd personally rather have everything show up in this single list as well. Maybe we should just add Miniature Market as one of the good value stores in the pinned "what's a hot deal" thread and be done with it?

Add me to the list who want to see the daily deals as individual posts. If you put them all in a single list then it's a lot more effort for me to see them. I have to go to the list, find the most recent entry and look at it, as opposed to just looking at the thread title. Much more of a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Coolmew wrote:

Click subscribe. It will change to say unsubscribe. Next to that will be a small down arrow. Click the down arrow and select edit subscription. Change the setting next to comments from default to no. Now you will get updates but not when comments are made.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hot deals as individual posts please. I also do not want to have to subscribe to a geeklist. Easy enough to ignore a thread if it doesn't interest me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for individual posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent feedback and fast too! I thank you all.

I dont object to listing these either way. Just looking for ideas, concerns, etc.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't care to subscribe to a Geek List. Individual Deals please.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I do not think anything is broke or fix anything. I have just been developing a solution that automatically pings CSI and MM for their daily deal. I then ping said deal on CSI, MM, and Amazon to get their prices. I write all of this data to a database for my own amusement and track history. From there, I have been trying to find the best option to disseminate the information to the masses in a way that is not redundant and is most efficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
More information can't hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
darthhugo wrote:
More information can't hurt.
... except when people get bent outta shape because two people post the same deal within 5 minutes of each other.
Or when someone gets cranky because "that's been on sale for a month at site XYZ & isn't really a hot deal because I think I know what a Hot Deal is!"
Or "That doesn't take into consideration that I live in a mud hut in Zimbabwe and can't take advantage of the free shipping, please specify NON-MUD-HUT-IN-ZIMBABWE in the title next time."

No, sir, there are plenty of reasons that people get uppity in the Hot Deals forum over a perceived surplus of information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think any one solution is going to satisfy everyone, unfortunately. Some people prefer to subscribe to the geeklist; some people prefer to subscribe to the Hot Deals forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Fisher
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Mooo!
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I don't think any one solution is going to satisfy everyone, unfortunately. Some people prefer to subscribe to the geeklist; some people prefer to subscribe to the Hot Deals forum.

Aye, that is what I have understood from this thread as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I am of the strong opinion that daily deals should be announced via carrier pigeon with pneumatic tubes used as a backup in case of interception by hawks.

I am unanimous in this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
I am of the strong opinion that daily deals should be announced via carrier pigeon with pneumatic tubes used as a backup in case of interception by hawks.

Could we send the carrier pigeons through the pneumatic tubes? That would cut down on hawk attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.