Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to attend a regional tournament in Iowa City in May and had a blast. It's made me want to expand my play beyond just me and my son, but there's little interest in my peer group locally.

However I only live about an hour's drive from Peoria, Illinois, where there is a nice game store: Just for Fun. I spoke with Mike (?) and he indicated that there was some sporadic support for the game awhile back on Tuesdays. Occasional Tuesdays (1-2 times per month) would work out well for me, so I thought I'd post here to see whether anybody else is listening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on where you live, we have a nice active LCG group in Bloomington IL. A couple guys come from Peoria every week to play Game of Thrones.

We meet every Tuesday 5-9 pm.

It is not just Netrunner, but that seems to be the most popular. Game of Thrones has a strong and active following here too, but if you are looking for ANR you'll be happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I'm in the other direction; Bloomington is about 90 miles from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Barn
msg tools
I live in the greater Peoria area and have been looking to finally get into this game, but have been wondering the same thing regarding player support locally. I'm very familiar with JFF as I've been competing in their Xwing league and tournament events. I'll ask around during our Xwing tournament this Saturday to see what the consensus is regarding Netrunner. I've also gotten into Summoner Wars recently, so I'll be asking about local interest for that, as well. Let me know what you've heard or found out regarding the local interest around Peoria and I'll pass on what I find out this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smambrahammer
United States
flag msg tools
Drat. Moved away from Bloomington for work, and am now east of Champaign. If anyone's in the east-central region, we can meet at Vintage Villains in Danville. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls