Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 quick and unrelated questions.

1) BAKU: If Baku is isolated by land, i.e. Germans cut off Baku from mother Russia, can Uncle Joe still use Strategic moves to move forces into Baku from across the Caspian. In my mind I think it should be possible, albeit limited, since its really an issue of where the map ends. But I think the rules, as written, imply no, but they still get automatic supply and ability to build one new unit while contested.

2) Western Fleets in the Baltic: Ok, it was an interesting game, but nonetheless, UK took Denmark, because I was fixated on moving forces to the West Wall while simultaneously licking my wounds at Moscow and trying to repair gap in my line. Anyways, UK wanted to move fleets into the Baltic. The only references I noted in the rules were 8.3 which did not prohibit Allied fleets in the Baltic nor did it suggest it and the axis requirement for the Ruhr and Denmark to transfer fleets. Initially, I argued that there is no freaking way the Brits would be that crazy to go into the pond, not to mention the mines. However, UK did have a port in the Baltic (Denmark), but I guess they did not have a port connecting them to Atlantic for supply purposes. So in the end, can Western Fleets enter the Baltic under any circumstances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
I'm not an authority but I'm pretty sure the answers are no and no. It's a case of applying what the rules say rather than what they don't say.

There is no legitimate strat move into a cut off Baku under the rules therefore an exception would be required to the strat move rule for Baku. Since none is given then it is not allowed (there being no Caspian Sea fleet to utilise for sea transport.)

Western Fleets are not allowed in the Baltic under the rules. Allowed fleet transfers are stated between Gibralter and the Med only for the WAllies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Wallies cannot move their fleets to the Baltic. But, if you invaded Denmark, then I believe you'll have a beachead on the Atlantic side of Denmark that you can use just like a port until you decide to remove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The above answers are correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody thanks,

Although, any thoughts about allowing the Ruskies to have 1 strat to an isolated Baku? I think its feasible? There is sufficient port facilities and shipping, after all it is jewel of Russian oil production. Rick and Jesse, I know you don't like people tinkering with the rules but...

Ok, thanks, and may the dice gods roll in your favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.