Victor V34
Russia
Stalingrad
Volgograd Area
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have one question, as for rule 5.6

5.6 REGROUPING
When a battle ends the victor may immediately Regroup. All victorious blocks (including any in Reserve) may Regroup to any adjacent Friendly or Neutral area.

- But in this page i read,that:
• English blocks may not retreat/regroup into Scotland. Scottish blocks may not retreat/regroup into England.

Am i wright and English blocks after battle victory cant Regroup anywhere in Scotland? If so - only Scots can Regroup after battle victory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Victor Volgograd wrote:
• English blocks may not retreat/regroup into Scotland. Scottish blocks may not retreat/regroup into England.

Am i wright and English blocks after battle victory cant Regroup anywhere in Scotland?

No, the "into" bit means that, if there's a fight in England, they can't regroup across the English-Scottish border into Scotland. (And the Scots can't regroup across that border into England.)

When the English win battles anywhere in Scotland, they can regroup normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it only concerns if the battle took place in England. Then you can't regroup into Scotland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
I need more TIME
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Scots blocks can't regroup southward across the English/Scottish border from a battle that took place north of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the same mistake as the OP at one point, and it makes the game a lot different (and not in a good way). Since the question's come up several times, it probably should make its way into an FAQ somewhere. The rule as written is unnecessarily telegraphic and really should itself be rewritten, for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule as written is very clear and never had any confusion over it myself. Not sure how it could be re written any better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.