Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob McCord
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does anyone else feel this game is too hard? I won my first game of pandemic 2nd edition last night on Easy/Regular (4 Epidemic cards). I've played Pandemic about 10 times so my score is a 1/10 win ratio. The problem I see is if you don't play fast enough you will run out of blue cards and lose. Or that you have to be in a city to give or take that city. I think as long as two players are in a city they should be able to give/take any card (but that would make the Researcher pointless)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're running out of player cards as your primary way of losing the game then you're spending way too much time treating cubes and not enough time exchanging cards to get cures.

Focus on treating just cities with 3 cubes - ignore all the others unless it's convenient/on your way. When you get an epidemic then stack all the 3 cube cities into little pyramids - these will be your focus as these are the cities most likely to outbreak. The main goal of treating cubes is to prevent outbreaks. The second is to prevent running out of all cubes of a single color. Trying to "eradicate" a disease is a serious waste of time.

Once one player has 3 cards of the same color you should be focusing on getting more cards of the same color into that player's hand above all else.

You're also probably not using your special abilities in the most efficient manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam P
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... Honestly my record for the game is 3-1 so far on the "normal" mode. I don't think it's too hard. If I had to point at a game I felt was too hard, I would say that's Ghost Stories where I've not won a game yet and I've played about 3 or 4 times due to people not wanting to replay a game that just crushed them cry

That is a very tough game in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an easy game, but all I can suggest is playing more and enjoying the game. Right now I have probably about a 70% win rate on Legendary with 2 players, and pretty close to 100% on Initiate. There's lots of things you could do to improve... but where would the fun be in telling you how to play? I suggest considering why and how you lose, and think of ways you could avoid those happening so often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools

It can take a while to really get the game. The dispatcher and operations guy are much better than they seem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cappelletta
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that the game doesn't play the same with 2 or 4 players.
Using the same number of epidemic cards, the game is much easier with 2 players! Using 5 epidemic cards, with 2 players the game difficulty is medium, with 4 players is quite hard.
Than, the role used influences the game. Some roles fit well together, while others no so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our record is 6 wins, 13 losses. Keep playing and experiment in how you approach the game. Are you spending too much time on removing cubes? Are you using your cards rather than discarding them? Are you leveraging your roles? Have fun trying different approaches and find a mix and balance that works for you and you will improve and be ready to take on more Epidemic cards and chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it is a challenge, but not TOO hard. There are variables that affect the difficulty, as previously mentioned. The obvious epidemic card count, but also the number of players can have a huge impact without you realizing it. Less players is generally a bit easier, but you need to adjust your strategy a bit. The more you play, the better feel you'll get for what strategies work well.

Personal anecdote - my very first game was won pretty easily, I wondered, what the big fuss was lol. Proceeded to lose over and over, usually getting oh so close. My w/l is probably something like 10/25, maybe. True story though, I just played a 4 player regular difficulty and we managed to eradicate 3 diseases and only had 1 outbreak in the win. Luckiest game I've ever had, just a weird set-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.