Subject: Selling Multiple Shares rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a quick question, but I'm unsure of how selling shares drops stock value. So for example, I have 3 shares of C&N valued at £90. I decide to sell all 3 on my turn in the stock round. What happens?

1. The stock price drops to £86.
2. The stock price drops to £78.

I'm guessing 2 is correct, but I just wanted to double check. Also, I would get £270 since when I sold them they were valued at £90, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pickboy87 wrote:
I just had a quick question, but I'm unsure of how selling shares drops stock value. So for example, I have 3 shares of C&N valued at £90. I decide to sell all 3 on my turn in the stock round. What happens?

1. The stock price drops to £86.
2. The stock price drops to £78.

I'm guessing 2 is correct, but I just wanted to double check. Also, I would get £270 since when I sold them they were valued at £90, correct?
Correct on both counts.

Mike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revisiting this thread for a clarification...

The rules say:
Quote:
Shares worth less than 40, or more than 150, are in “red letter” zones. When shares of a company with a share price in these zones are sold, the first share sold has no effect on the share price. For example, if Bill sells 3 shares that are worth £182, the share price drops two places (instead of three), to £166. When a player sells more than one share in a single company on a single turn, these shares are always counted as being sold at the same time in a single transaction. In this way, Bill may not sell his three shares as three separate sales and so avoid causing the share price to drop.
Just to clarify, could Bill make three separate one-share sales on subsequent turns to avoid the price drop? The "single turn" language seems to imply that, but I wanted to check and make sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
Microbadge: I aspire to Curmudgeon Level EricMicrobadge: I love Canada!Microbadge: In MemoriamMicrobadge: I love Mexico!Microbadge: I support the Women and Gaming community
Yes, Bill could do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls