Subject: Session Report: 5-way tie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The players were myself, and friends A, B, C, D and E.

This was the third game of Condottiere played that night, with all 6 players having played one or two games of it prior that evening. The earlier games had gone on for several rounds, mostly due to us having never played it before (only A and B had ever played before, being the owners of the game).

This game lasted over an hour (I forget how many rounds there were) until all but one area was left unclaimed. Players A and D had taken 3 non-connecting territories, but could each win by capturing this one. B, D, and myself all had 3 territories but couldn't win if they captured this one. Player E had only one territory. It was pointed out that if E got the territory, the game would end and go to the sudden-death tiebreaker round with the remaining 5 players. And that's what eventually happened.

To make the 5-player tiebreaker round go faster, the keys and bishops were removed from the deck. The play began slow, most people played their scarecrows, waiting to see whether someone would jump out with a heroine card. Two heroine cards were played, meaning the game would rest on whoever had the red 10 cards... One by one the cards were laid out, the 10's and drums flying left and right... Player A had laid out one red ten, and waited 'til the very last card to play his second, and the game was his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.