Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff McCarroll
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused on the activation of the villagers into refugees. I have read the faq file here and it states, "Refugee Activation: The Refugees are not activated (i.e. they remain Villagers) until the Zeds defeat any Player
unit in the Village space and then occupy the
Village space the Refugees are in."

That I understand. I am not sure what happens when zeds enter a villagers space when there is no hero or civilian in the space.

The faq says,

"If the Zeds enter an undefended Village (i.e. there are no Civilian or Hero units) it becomes Zed-controlled and the Villagers become Refugees. The Villagers turn into Refugees the instant the space becomes Zed-controlled."

So does that mean that the villagers are activated and move one space closer to town without engaging the zeds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Villagers/Refugees cannot fight/engage Zeds at any time. So, if a Zeds enters a space with a Villagers unit and that space is Zeds-controlled, you immediately flip the Villagers marker over to its Refugees side, and it IMMEDIATELY moves one space closer to Town Center. Refugees can then be moved during the RRR Phase and the Action Phase after they've flipped and are running for their lives.

If a Zeds unit is alone with a Refugees unit at the end of the Zeds Phase, Refugees become Slow Food, and are therefore devoured.

I hope I've answered your question! :)

- Noelle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McCarroll
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you. I am loving the game! Can't wait to complete my first full scenario. I have had several false starts, the last being a giant 3 year old zed in my house that decided to flip the game board onto the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Rammstein fanMicrobadge: Aeon's End fan - Opened BreachMicrobadge: ZZ Top fanMicrobadge: I love Tennessee - The Volunteer State!Microbadge: Baseball fan
Hey Jeff - I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
Yeah, those three-year-old Zeds are the most dangerous of all. We'll have to add some special Zed "Yutes" in our next game. You'll get the hang of the gameflow soon enough and you won't even need to refer to the rules except for bizarre situations.
Have fun!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McCarroll
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made it through my first game where I think I have all the rules worked out. How do I know? I got my butt kicked! I consider that a good thing as I like a challenge.

Can't wait for another go tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Rammstein fanMicrobadge: Aeon's End fan - Opened BreachMicrobadge: ZZ Top fanMicrobadge: I love Tennessee - The Volunteer State!Microbadge: Baseball fan
Ha! Getting your butt kicked is usually a good indicator that you're playing correctly. I usually find that players who win on their first few plays are doing something very wrong.
Have fun!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

London
msg tools
Microbadge: FC Schalke 04 fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Gearlocs Rock!Microbadge: Apple haterMicrobadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Runewars fan
I won on my first two runs (tutorial and first original (made it on my second run. And it seems I played it all according to the rules.

Now with the normal game, I have lost my first go at it. I will get there hopefully, hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls