Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle O'Grady
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I am getting ready to play the first edition but I like the second edition rules (can't afford to buy the second edition), and I am trying to implement as many of them as possible. I need the following information in order to do that:
1)what are the axis air point values for each turn?

2)Are the coastal and port capacities the same as the first edition? If not what are they?

3)Where is the Mussolini Line?

If anyone could provide this information (or pictures of the map that contain this information) I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, I know that movement points were greatly reduced in the second edition. After looking at the new unit counters it appears that the differences are not systematic (that is, one cannot simply divide by 2 across all units to get the new values for example). I have been considering a way to restrict movement in the first edition that is at least somewhat in line with the values in the second edition. Here is my best idea so far:
Reduce the truck movement point allowance to that in the second edition (5 movement points if I am not mistaken) and reduce the supply dump range (from 5 to 3 for the axis to start, then back to 5 after turn 7, and from 10 to 5 for the British). I would perhaps also decrease the major road movement cost for trucks only down to 1/4 as it is in the second edition. My reasoning behind this being that restricting supply movement and range will make it such that players essentially wont be able to utilize the entire movement ratings of the units.

Any thoughts on this approach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobrukker
United States
flag msg tools
LT,

The best and perhaps easiest would be to download VASSAL and download the Afrika module at www.vassalengine.org. You can look at the map and counters easily. RE: your question about game length for a first time play of the campaign game, probably 25-35 hours. Possibly longer if you're learning SCS or are a deliberative player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle O'Grady
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, for some reason it didn't cross my mind to use vassal to get that info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.