Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this card is to much strong or weak, i guess that it is balanced but, I don't have enough experience to define (for this we have the BGG )
I tried to make an card with massive damage and an cost median but with an high restriction.
The dilemma should be: I have an card that could to cause an massive damage at my enemies, but i need to spend a reasonable amount of resources and I will not be able to use it further on the game.

------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to Ted Nasmith for his amazing illustrations related to Tolkien's world, including that i used (The Wrath of the Ents).

And for
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for your templates.
------------------------------------------------
Evolution:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting card. I think it's the first "one time use" card in LotR:tLCG?

My thoughts are:

1) The wording is a little fractured but I understand your intent. Hey, it's a thousand times better than I could do in Portuguese!

2) I wonder if thematically the +2 damage should be against the "nearer" target (the ones engaged with the characters) or with the "farther" characters (representing the stones being thrown at distant enemies)? For play balance, I suppose it's a matter of do you tend to have more enemies in the staging area vs. engaged with your characters?

3) Even as a one time use, the card is certainly powerful. You really can't make it more expensive. Maybe give the player a choice of targets instead? Either +2 against engaged or +1 against staging?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Interesting card. I think it's the first "one time use" card in LotR:tLCG?
There is one already: Black Arrow (from On the Doorstep).
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
1) The wording is a little fractured but I understand your intent. Hey, it's a thousand times better than I could do in Portuguese!
I suferr off these problen, fail in spelling check! LoL!
I will try to fix some problems, but feels free for any recommendation.

Robrob wrote:
2) I wonder if thematically the +2 damage should be against the "nearer" target (the ones engaged with the characters) or with the "farther" characters (representing the stones being thrown at distant enemies)? For play balance, I suppose it's a matter of do you tend to have more enemies in the staging area vs. engaged with your characters?
I guess that the "huge" damage fits better to those enemies engaged with the player. Normally we engage to more enemies than left on staging area, in view to avoid an fast increase of threat level.
From the side of theme, we could assume that the enemies close to the Ents will be hit by Hobbits on Treebeard, and we can agree that this damage must be less than that resulted from the stones thrown by the Ents.

Robrob wrote:
3) Even as a one time use, the card is certainly powerful. You really can't make it more expensive. Maybe give the player a choice of targets instead? Either +2 against engaged or +1 against staging?
Another good suggestion. I will combine this with the previous, and I suppose the modifications are enough to decrease the power of the card, them the cost of 4 can be kept.

Thanks a lot Rob and another contributions are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting card! It would work really well with The Hammerstroke or Tactics Boromir.

I'm assuming that you intend for the effect to be solved immediately, i.e. enemies take damage as soon as you play the card. The addition of the '+' could be misunderstood as: enemies take this damage in addition to damage from other card effects and/ or attacks. If this is your intention, I suggest to add the duration of this effect (e.g. ...until the end of the phase).

Adding the Victory keyword would ensure that the card is only useable once, so the second part of the 'Action' text could be removed.

A suggestion for the text:

Action: Each enemy in the Staging Area takes 2 damage OR each enemy engaged with a single player takes 1 damage.

Victory 1.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limit once per Deck

Three of those would be far tooooo powerful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krakauer
msg tools
Microbadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Dragon Age: Origins fanMicrobadge: Tomb Raider fanMicrobadge: Fief: France 1429 fan
Nice card.
FFG has used the wording "Removed from the game" when they want a card to be permantly out of play. An example is Radagast's Request in the "A Journey to Rhosgobel" scenario.
You could replace your last sentence with "After this card's effect is triggered, remove it from the game."

Maybe you could make it +2 damage to all enemies engaged with a player of choice and remove the option of the staging area, just an idea to make it simpler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cordeiro Cordeirooo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Istarical wrote:
Nice card.
FFG has used the wording "Removed from the game" when they want a card to be permantly out of play. An example is Radagast's Request in the "A Journey to Rhosgobel" scenario.
You could replace your last sentence with "After this card's effect is triggered, remove it from the game."

Maybe you could make it +2 damage to all enemies engaged with a player of choice and remove the option of the staging area, just an idea to make it simpler.
I liked it all, except the last part.
The "+2" not only isn't a thing in the game, but it sounds like 'more damage' instead of 'inflict 2 wounds', which seems to be the real intent as said already by other posters.

I second the 'remove it from the game' part. I used in some of mine and never had any problem.

Also second the 'Once per deck'. This card is game changing; specially in mono-spheres (specialized) and solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all suggestions. I guess that the changes make it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cordeiro Cordeirooo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danilopatro wrote:
Hey, I believe you used mutually exclusive suggestions, actually.

There is no need for the 'forced:' effect together with the Victory X thingy. It's one or the other. Also, you don't need to use the 'Forced:' to remove it from the game, all effects are mandatory (unless specified otherwise), so just adding the 'remove this card from the game' as the last sentence would be enough.

I believe the exact correct wording is "Limit one per deck." as the first line of the card, but don't second me on that, I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeirooo wrote:
danilopatro wrote:
Hey, I believe you used mutually exclusive suggestions, actually.

There is no need for the 'forced:' effect together with the Victory X thingy. It's one or the other. Also, you don't need to use the 'Forced:' to remove it from the game, all effects are mandatory (unless specified otherwise), so just adding the 'remove this card from the game' as the last sentence would be enough.

I believe the exact correct wording is "Limit one per deck." as the first line of the card, but don't second me on that, I'm not sure.
Considering the space constraints I removed the victory. I guess that you are right, I changed the others things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to stick exactly to the FFG layout, the limitation should read:

'Limit 1 per deck.' (instead of 'one')
See here: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...

There is also a little typo: It should be 'in' the Staging Area, instead of 'on'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
If you want to stick exactly to the FFG layout, the limitation should read:

'Limit 1 per deck.' (instead of 'one')
See here: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...

There is also a little typo: It should be 'in' the Staging Area, instead of 'on'.
Thanks Michael,

As soon as I back to my home (I'm at work right now), I made these changes.

Anyone that try to use this card, I appreciate if he could leave his comments (and bag and thumbsup) here.

Danilo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls