United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some good news, and then some more good news.

wow

Which do you want first?

OK, I'll give you the good news first...

As some of you might know, and as most-all of you would likely be happy to contemplate...

We are currently in the process of developing a revised rule-book for Police Precinct.

This thread will act as a place for us to give you-all updates about the progress of this rule-book.

First let me touch a bit on the topic of...

PURPOSE:
This rule-book will be used to...

1. Provide the owners of the 1st edition a place to down-load this revised version for printing, or storage on a devise, etc. (btw - it looks great printed on glossy paper at Kinkos). This file will be provided right here on BGG.

2. Give both 1st edition owners, and prospective 2nd edition owners, the ability to preview the book.

3. It will be included in the first major expansion of the base-game (This expansion / Next Episode is slated to be called "Muggers"), which will release when we are ready (currently working on this with Ole).

4. The last thing that will occur on the “revised-rule-book time-line” is the actual 2nd edition, which will (of course) include this book.

5. We are in the process of devising other ways for people to get a hold of the book (stay tuned).

TIMING:
Hope to have the downloadable version available here on BGG sometime soon (purposely not defining "soon", but I'll say this... We have a process going right now behind the scenes, which involves various entities, and we will keep this moving forward as fast as we can without sacrificing quality, and furthermore that this book, has been, still is, and will remain on into the future, our number 1 priority here at CMG).

LATEST STEP COMPLETED:
We just finished a major overhaul of the organization, along with the look-and-feel, of the rule-book. This was followed by a joint-review by CMG/Ole. The book is the result of a collaboration between our graphic designer and myself. His focus was more on visual design and making sure the theme comes through really well, while mine was on rules clarity, etc.

CURRENT STEP:
Adjusting pages 3 and 4, and tweaking whole document based on Ole Feedback.

NEXT STEP:
When all of the Ole in-put has been incorporated into the book, we will be passing it on to “Cindy & Co” (This is the name I'm using for our inner circle of editors).

DOWN-THE-ROAD:
After “Cindy & Co” will come “something” (it might be the actual posting of the PDF here on BGG, or it might be us sending it out to a wider group of editors, or possibly a combination of both).

MISC:
Today's "Misc" item is the possibility of a "Spare Spread"...

What?

Let me explain...

At this point (and we are a little early in the process to be calling this one), it appears that we have a spare spread in the rule-book.

That's what I'm trying to say!

As-in, 2 extra pages with (currently) nothing on them.

(btw - this is the “Other piece of good news” that I was referring to)

I would like to open it up to the community as to what to do with this space.

I have a few ideas, but I'm open to hear anything and everything you (you-all) might have in the way of suggestions for what to use this space for.

Ssssooooo...

fire away...

PS - I know this is a little hard for you (you-all) to envision what should go in this spare-spread without having seen what IS in the rule-book. With this in mind, I predict that some of the best ideas will flow-in AFTER we post the rule-book... Though I'm a little concerned that the spare spread might be used by then (based on some great idea that comes in prior), which is why I mention it now.

PPS - The 1st edition book was four 11" x 17" sheets of paper (thus 16 pages long), the revised version will be six sheets (thus 24 pages long).

PPPS – Keep in mind that... A spread gets filled up pretty fast, so we won't be able to do everything we dream of with this. We will have to pick what seems like the best idea. That's not going to be easy or fun (I wouldn't want to be us).

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos De la Torre
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You Da Man Doug!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

I just finished a good meeting with Ole.

We meet pretty much every day to discuss the rule-book.

We got to the end of page 15.

We might be able to get through the Dirty Cop section tomorrow.

We'll see.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

I just finished another good meeting with Ole.

I especially liked this one because...

Get this...

We Finished!!!!

Yep, the whole rule-book!

So, what does this mean?

It means that the ball is back in my court again.

Well...

Actually it's in Jeff's court (Graphic Designer).

He is working (as we speak) on a re-do of one particular section (page 3 and 4) that He, Ole, myself, and other members of the creative-team, are not totally happy with.

While he is putting the finishing touches on this part, I will try to review the document in whole again, and then...

Pass it on to Cindy & Co.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

The ball's still in my court.

Making progress, but...

While the rule-book remains our top priority, many other things need to happen to keep CMG on track and moving forward.

Dealing some of these "other" things has been drawing resources away from processing the rule-book toward completion.

Hoping to gain back some of that momentum on this project soon.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mahaczek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news?
We are still waiting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Adam!

Sorry for lack of updates for a while.

I have been a bit frustrated with the pace of progress with this (Revising of the rule-book).

Why has it been slow?

Best I can say is...

1. It's a big job and has to be done right.

2. It's resting on me at the moment and I went on vacation.

3. Booster-Pack files need to be prepped for production.

The good news is...

Vacation is over and none on the horizon till x-mas, Booster should be done soon, and most of it (Revised Rule-book) is done.

Thanks for the check-in!

Good to know people care about this project.

Stay Tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

A lot has been happening on this project of late, and for the best (most current) info, please go here...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1037574/revised-rule-book-up...

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls