Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game looks pretty interesting, but man $100 is just a crazy price to ask for a card and dice game.

Anyone else in the boat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Game looks pretty interesting, but man $100 is just a crazy price to ask for a card and dice game.

Anyone else in the boat?
I am considering backing but at the $40 base level. The adventure packs do not seem necessary at all and an overall poor value. They are for completists only The base seems like a solid value though and makes you eligible for all stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Anyone else in the boat?
I am considering backing but at the $40 base level. The adventure packs do not seem necessary at all and an overall poor value. They are for completists only The base seems like a solid value though and makes you eligible for all stretch goals.
Them being kickstarter exclusive was a terrible decision, and leaves me with an all or none choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Them being kickstarter exclusive was a terrible decision, and leaves me with an all or none choice.
This. I'm thinking long and hard if i want to pledge... Game is interesting to me though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
DanKD wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Anyone else in the boat?
Why? Not having them doesn't take away anything from what you get for $40. I understand the psychological factors in how you feel, but objectively you get the same content for $40 regardless of those other adventure packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
DanKD wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

Anyone else in the boat?
Why? Not having them doesn't take away anything from what you get for $40. I understand the psychological factors in how you feel, but objectively you get the same content for $40 regardless of those other adventure packs.
I agree, what's $40? You are having a false dilemma.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is plenty game for the $40 base. I just want more content right out of the gate, so I'm doing the 4 add-ons. Initially I had pledged enough just to get 2 add-ons.

All that being said, if I get in a financial bind before the end of the Kickstarter campaign I will have no problem dropping down to the base game knowing I will have many hours of fun with it alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the sweet spot would be $75 for the base game plus all four expansion packs.
That price would overcome the big hurdle right now some people (myself included) have of paying 150% more than the base game price for 4 small expansion sets. A $75 total means the 4 expansions would cost less than the base game price ($40 base + $35 expansions.)
I also think it'd generate more backers (and more total $) overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saluga
United States
Ramsey
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Steve wrote:
I think the sweet spot would be $75 for the base game plus all four expansion packs.
That price would overcome the big hurdle right now some people (myself included) have of paying 150% more than the base game price for 4 small expansion sets. A $75 total means the 4 expansions would cost less than the base game price.
I also think it'd generate more backers (and more total $) overall.
My thoughts exactly. $60 for less content is really hard to swallow. If they even drop the adventure packs to $10, the total comes down to a more reasonable $40. It's like buying an expansion at the same price as the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well.....

After finally getting around to reading the rules, I now realize that 3 story cards = 1 game session. In the base box, there are 45 story cards, allowing for 15 play sessions. That equates to $2.66 per session.

The adventure packs (6 story cards) each add only 2 more sessions for $15. Unfortunately, I now have to agree that is too much. I can more easily stomach $10 per pack due to it's exclusive nature.....but I'm having second thoughts about my $100 pledge now.

Is my math or logic flawed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think your math is flawed - how much depends on the compatibility of the AP-story cards with the base story cards.

If i understand correct, you select three random story cards from the whole lot and play with them. Let's pretend that it's irrelevant, in which order the cards are played (which actually makes the math a bit more complicated), then you get 14,190 different games from the 45 base story cards. The cards of one AP then would give you 20 different games - now we speak of a really big difference.

BUT if all story cards are compatible to each other, so you could just mix the story cards from the AP with the others, then its a little different. Then one single AP raises your 14,190 different adventures from the base game to 20,825 (+ 6,635) - the next gets you up to 29,260 (+ 8,435), the third raises the number to 39,711 (+ 10,451), and with all four you have 52,394 (+ 12,683) different stories to play - not counting any additional story cards we may get through stretch goals. So with all four APs, there are 25,521 possibilities more than without any, which is nearly 180% above the original count.

Of course i could have understood something wrong, but i think this should be correct.

Oh, and if i'm correct, then the base game costs $0.0028 per story, the first AP is at less than $0.0023 per additional story - and the following packs are at even less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your subject posting made it sound like the base game was 100 dollars. Good thing I read the posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
40$ is overpriced for the base game. It has very limited appeal as a 2 players only game and I'm not seeing near that value in components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
40$ is overpriced for the base game. It has very limited appeal as a 2 players only game and I'm not seeing near that value in components.
very true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe the game is overpriced in your opinion, and there will be noone to tell you to pay that much for a game that does not appeal you. But as far as i can see the components are of high quality, and $40 seems not more than usual for this kind of game (but maybe in your opinion games in general are overpriced?). As for the 2 player aspect of the game - i know a lot of popular games that are for 2 players only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$40 doesn't seem overpriced to me at all, as long as the components are decent quality. I don't have a problem here at all.

But $100 seems way too high still for what you get. I'm hoping that changes by the end of the campaign to entice me to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody heard any news if engraved dice will be included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to pass another interesting kickstarter due to shipment/VAT costs to europe. $15 for a $40 game is too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After conversion to Euro it's not that much compared to other games. I guess the game would cost around 50€ if you found it somewhere here (ok, online shops may make a difference, but my experience is more into the other direction for "US-only" games). So i think the base game with all the stretch goals is a good deal for the overall cost of around §55 - you could question about the adventure packs, which are about $18 each for Europeans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming at least a minimally professional production, $40.00 for the base and stretch goals seems like a pretty good deal to me. They're about to unlock a second bonus hero, and there's still time to hit more stretches. Not a bad deal at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Assuming at least a minimally professional production, $40.00 for the base and stretch goals seems like a pretty good deal to me. They're about to unlock a second bonus hero, and there's still time to hit more stretches. Not a bad deal at all.
While i agree with that that the game comes at a fair price, you have to factor in the shipping and additional costs like VAT for those backing from outside of the USA. And i recently saw a KS drive from a European game designer, where the shipping into the USA was the main reason for the failure of the project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
Have to pass another interesting kickstarter due to shipment/VAT costs to europe. $15 for a $40 game is too much.
Originally it was 40$ game + 15$ Shipping + 19% VAT = 65$

Then they reduced shipping to Europe to 7$ to compensate for the VAT, so now:

40$ Game + 7$ Shipping + 19% VAT = 56$ (=43 Euro).

That's around the price you probably have to pay when you pick up the game in your local store, but with KS you get more cards, so it's still a good deal for European backers. Just don't add extra Adventure Packs because they cost 17.85$ each for European backers (VAT is applied to the total cost incl shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Microbadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Cthulhu: Death May Die fanMicrobadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Sword & Sorcery fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fan
I just backed this game. I'm starting to really get into card games the more I play them. Netrunner, Thunderstone Advance, BBTM, Sentinels, Core Worlds, etc

I backed for $100: Skeleton level ($55) + Playmats ($35) + Canada shipping ($10).

Great set for a reasonable price (including playmats makes this set really awesome).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Landers
Australia
flag msg tools
I know you posted a month ago, but currently (with less than 48 hours to go), $100 (plus shipping) gets you 6 extra characters. It gets you eight (almost nine) adventure packs.

All that on top of the base game? Worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horseradish wrote:
I know you posted a month ago, but currently (with less than 48 hours to go), $100 (plus shipping) gets you 6 extra characters. It gets you eight (almost nine) adventure packs.

All that on top of the base game? Worth it.
$40 gets you all that too, except the add on packs. But you get all the Characters, and four of the adventure packs. Why spend the extra $60? Without knowing what's in them, I can't bring myself to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |